1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 5 Prius and Prius Prime owners thread

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Gokhan, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    So uploading to a free image hosting service like ImgBB won't work?

*EDIT* Attaching the file then choosing full image works great! Thanks!

Gokhan likes this.
  2. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess the taxi drivers will need to start buying up all the Gen 4s. : ) I like the Cross Hybrid in Acidic Blast but not sure about long term.

Gokhan likes this.
  3. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Do not use free image hosting services other than Google Photos. If you use Google Photos on a desktop web browser, you can get the image addresses, and publicly shared folders will allow image rehosting.

I used to use PhotoBucket before I used Google Photos. They then decided that they were not making profits and disabled image rehosting unless you paid them like $500 a year. All my images posted on forums have become broken as a result. Awful. :eek:

mikey_t likes this.
  4. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It looks like hydrochloric acid indeed. :)

[​IMG]

daisy555 likes this.
  5. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Very nice! Very sporty!

6. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium

7. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not crazy about how it looks in this photo…kind of gold looking on my screen. Time will tell. : )

Gokhan likes this.
  8. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice…you will be turning heads!

Downrange and Gokhan like this.
  9. flim

flim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Today, while I was at the post office, I noticed four vacant parking spots in a row. Being mindful, I made sure to park my vehicle without any neighboring cars.

Next think I knew there was a brand new vibrant red Tesla Y parked closely next to my car.

The driver quickly jumped out of the car and said WOW! Is this the new Prius ? It’s beautiful.

He used to have a 2019 Prius Prime but his girlfriend has it now. He’s about 6’3” and he was wondering if he can fit it the new Prius. I said give it a try!

He said no problem and it fits perfectly like his other Prius. He loved the dashboard, seats, everything about the car.

He asked to take a pic of me with the car but instead I took a few pics of him with his iPhone. We chatted a little bit and he thanked me for showing him the car and left.

Hahaha:LOL: he wasn’t even visiting the post office but followed me into the parking lot.

#269 flim, May 20, 2023
    Last edited: May 20, 2023
    drash, Preebee, mikey_t and 2 others like this.
  10. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That’s a fun story. Turning a Tesla driver’s head!

11. PhoS

PhoS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Spent some time over the long weekend and got my subwoofer installed. Nothing crazy just a little 6x8 JBL Basspro nano. I also replaced the dash tweeters with some silk dome tweeters I had already from a previous project. I used a jumper harness to tap into the front door speaker wires from the JBL amp under the driver seat so I didn't need to cut anything. I fed those though an insulated 4 conductor wire to the trunk through the door sills. I also ran the wire for the subwoofer remote gain knob at the same time. Still trying to decide where to put that.. Overall it was extremely easy to fish the wires though the car, no hacking required.

I installed the sub onto a carpeted wood panel fitted into one of the right side foam block sections. I had to cut out a divider out of one of the larger sections of the foam to make a bigger section, and then a chunk of the side to allow the sound out. The power wires to the battery were extremely simple with it being right there. The sub has automatic power on so I did not need to run a remote wire but I imagine you could get it from the JBL amp pretty easily if needed.

Overall happy with the install. I like that it's out of sight and doesn't disturb the cargo space. I might do something a little more beefy down the line but this is a good starting point. Will post some pics a little bit. :sleep:

drash, flim, Gokhan and 1 other person like this.
  12. PhoS

PhoS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The board is attached to the foam from the bottom with some screws and large washers. You can see why I cut the side of the foam to let the sound escape. It seems to work pretty well I haven't heard any rattles or buzzes from anything. The all weather floor mat insulates the deck panel quite well.

upload_2023-6-1_11-29-49.png

upload_2023-6-1_11-30-12.png

brucewil, 2023p and Gokhan like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Well, I should be officially joining this thread this summer, in August!

I got word that a Prime XSE Premium in Maximum YELLOW ;) will be coming in for delivery in mid-August with my name on it! :cool: Special thanks to @ntnw for the referral, since his dealership had the car coming in, but it was not the colour/package he was hoping for, and somehow they didn’t have anyone else on the list waiting for this vehicle! :eek:

Between now and then, I need to decide what I want to do with my PiP. It is a 2014 with Canadian Technology package (highest trim), about 215K KM currently and in excellent condition, never accidented; they offered me CAD$7-8K as a trade, which I think is a bit low and can surely do better as a private sale (as always) and given the market. Problem is their valuation system only had ONE comparable vehicle in Quebec to benchmark it (listed at $12K selling price), which is a much too small sample size to establish value, IMO. AutoTrader currently has about 10 non-plug 2014 Prius listed for $17-25K right now, albeit most with considerably less mileage, but also no plug (and some of them much less equipment), but based on this I would think in this market it should be worth at least $14-16K sell price, or $10-12K on trade. Curious to know what others think… I will likely put it up in the private sales group in a few weeks in case there is someone in southern Ontario interested.

Cheers.

IMG_0115.jpeg

mikey_t, Downrange, Roqu3 and 5 others like this.
  14. CruisnGrrl

CruisnGrrl Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I thought I wasn't going to like the yellow but I'm glad I got it.

mikey_t and Sarge like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Nice! May I ask where you are in Ontario? May see you on the road one day. ;)

16. mountaineer

mountaineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    I just got word yesterday my white XSE Premium is coming late July! Would be fun to do a new owners meetup in the GTA somewhere.

I think your estimates are reasonable. Put it up on kijij and see what nibbles you get.

daisy555 and Sarge like this.
  17. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!!

Exciting to read about everyone’s new cars!

Sarge likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    That’s fantastic news… is white the colour you were hoping for?

Sure would be nice to meet up with others in Southern Ontario one day. (y)

mountaineer likes this.
  19. mountaineer

mountaineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Yup, I ordered white. My biggest gripe with my current colour, guardian (dark) grey, is that the car gets very hot in the sun. I second guess myself when the see the blue... and the red... and the yellow... but when the question was posed to me, "Do you want to draw attention to yourself?" my answer was no. A nice pastel cyan would have been lovely.

Depending on the geographical centre of people interested, Burlington Ikea might be a good spot... 8 x J1772 (free to use) plugs there... we could chat, charge & check each other's rides out.

mikey_t and Sarge like this.
  20. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    20230616_213120.jpg

20230616_213206b.jpg

20230616_213132.jpg

Hallelujah! The beast has arrived. This is one sweet ride! :cool:

Completely otherworldly from a driving standpoint compared to the Gen4 I was driving for 3.5 yrs. I now officially fit very well in the car (6'3 barefoot). I've adjusted to the sightlines, love the HUD-style instrument panel after spending some time with it, and the seats are VERY comfortable. The AC seems much more effective than my Gen4.

My biggest complaint is the Star Trek noise when the ICE is off. It is MUCH louder than my Gen4. It's fairly annoying. If I can't find a way to turn it down, I will be looking to disable it. All the lane assist/keep/follow functions are awesome. The warning to keep my hands on the wheel is not. I'm even getting warned when my hands haven't left the wheel. Maybe I'm just not holding the wheel correctly? And if I ignore the warning, the car will start to slow down and pull over like I've died or fallen asleep lol.

I haven't given it any serious gas yet. I won't run it hard until I've passed 1,000 miles. Even with easy driving I can feel the added power As far as noise levels, it is quieter in some ways, and about the same in others (compared to Gen4). I'll be doing official decibel tests next week.

I'm completely lost with the MPG screens. They are very different from the Gen4. I'll be doing some reading of the manual this weekend.

Bottom line: if you are on the fence about this car.. don't be. It's a freakin' work of art compared to the prior gens and I'm driving the bone stock model. MPG's around the city have been as high as 80's and I don't even know how to drive the car properly yet -- and of course it only has like 70 miles on it.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I feel lucky to be driving it. And WHAT a bargain (if you got it at MSRP). I do understand why people pay way over sticker though. It has MASSIVE curb appeal. You can tell when you're driving it that it's not a $50k car. But you can't tell by looking at it.

#280 Preebee, Jun 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
    Roqu3, Downrange, mountaineer and 6 others like this.