1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Gokhan, Jun 7, 2024.

1. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Are you missing the fact that residential electricity usage is about 20% of all electricity usage in the US?

Mike

Zythryn and hill like this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On my recent road trip out west, I experimented with some of those speed limits (I don't think I saw a posted 85, but I did see 80 in a couple states).

It was fun, but I noticed on the consumption bar graph I was cutting my MPG about in half. So I mostly did true 55 to 60, so that I would not have to double my fuel budget for the trip.

On most of those roads, traffic was light enough nobody even cared. Somebody "coming up on me" could see they were coming up on me for about 5 miles, and went right by me in the passing lane, and didn't even bother rolling coal.

I did a lot of the trip on two-lanes (like US 20), but passing was just as easy there because hardly ever was there any oncoming traffic. All of the passing was routine and nonconfrontational.

When I get into a more-congested area, I do think more about matching others' typical speeds. Out in the wide open where passing is super easy, it really wasn't ever an issue.