1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

... Gen II Diagnostics, 130K miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by asjoseph, Oct 22, 2013.

1. asjoseph

asjoseph Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Dear PriusChat.com,

... hail, Prius citizens! Fare thee well! Here's hoping your battery pack's doing just an eencie-weencie bit better, than mine...

The wife off to work this morning... didn't make it very far. All the dashboard lights going off like it's independence day, scared the bejeevies out of her. She turned it around, drove back home to swap cars. Yet even still, the exclamation point of death on the dash, and on GPS information screen emblazoned the word "PROBLEM," I was able to run our Ruthiemobile in, under its own power (e.g., not once yet has this car left me stranded).

Nonetheless, my hybrid battery pack finally gave up the ghost, at 130K miles. Guess I lucked out. Eh? Under warranty, I get it replaced, free

130K diagnostics, '04 Prius driven hard, 2013.10.22:

diag1.jpg diag2.jpg diag3.jpg diag4.jpg

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am wondering why there is any cause for weeping since your traction battery is being replaced under warranty?

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It looks like the inner cell block voltages are consistently lower than the outer module voltages. Perhaps this is due to overheating of the battery. Make sure they check the battery cooling fan for clogging, or you might be in the same situation again.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    free battery on a 9 year old car with 130k? priceless.:love:

5. Coolride17

Coolride17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Good observation ,looks like you may be on to something. They slope lower to the center.