1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II loose heat shield -- need cushion to trunk wheel glue/tape?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kenoarto, May 14, 2013.

1. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    05 Prius Rear heat shield is hanging low and loose. Rubber "cushion" ($2 part from Toyota) that is attached to side of the trunk under the car is still there but not touching car. Have minor, but very annoying rattle. Heat shield is attached one side with three bolts clips, but on trunk side, there is ONLY this one "cushion". CarX suggested crazy glue. Toyota Grossinger suggested crazy glue gel. I'm thinking Gorilla glue or aquarium glue. I want to do this correctly. Anyone out there with the same problem or a vague idea?

2. pauly99

pauly99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Having the same issue now. The 2 bolts on the one side seems to be perfectly fine but the heat shield can move up and down on the other side. The rubber part seems almost non-existent and I'm wondering if that is why I am getting the rattle?

3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It took a while to figure out that was not the rubber cushions. The bolt at the top tore through the thin metal. You can't see it from any reasonable view. The part is relatively cheap. Bite the bullet and replace it.