1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II Tire pressure light constantly on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Lucy C., Jun 2, 2017.

1. Lucy C.

Lucy C. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    So, my tire pressure light has been on for quite some time. I had it hooked up to a scanner and I was told that into was a tire sensor. So here i am months later, just replaced my tires and had the techs check to see which sensor it was and have them replace it. They told me they checked sensors and everything is fine. I checked the spare(as i read this could be or could not be the case) , inflated to recommended PSI , tried to reset and light won't come off. If sensors are fine as I was told, and tire pressure Is ok, what else could Be the problem?

#1 Lucy C., Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The tech that checked the tire sensor probably didn't know how to check it. A 2007 Prius would probably have a bad sensor, the battery from the sensor would have died in 10 years.

Getting new sensors (get all 4 replaced, if you replace only 1, you'll have to do the 3 shortly) would fix the problem.

jerrymildred and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If the original sensors on your 2007 like mine the batteries go dead in the sensors. They are permanently installed in the sensor and cannot be replaced. You can buy the original densos on amazon.com. Then have them installed then you must either have the techstream software or have the dealer authorize them by listing there serial number in the car's software. if that step is not done the car will not see that new sensor and will continue to illuminate the low tire pressure light.

I'm in the same boat but waiting till I need new tires in about 10 months. And I have the techstream software like most people on this site do. You can buy the mini vci dongle with the techstream software on amazon.com for about $25.

4. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three