1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II with HHO kit anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Agape, May 30, 2012.

1. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also have a Thermodynamics textbook on my desk. My guess is that the whole HHO myth got started with people using old, carbureted, inefficient engines as guinea pigs. It is quite possible that some efficiency gain through better burning could be had. If the engine was burning a bit of oil, so much the better as the HHO could do the hydro-catalytic cracking on that fraction and clean things up. It's not about the energy content of the small volume of HHO generally used. It's function is more as a catalyst, aided by its very fast flame speed.

A classic case was Archie Blue in the UK. He decomposed aluminum in his HHO unit, so there was a bit of additional energy available. He had his old clapped out car going, but when offered to try again in the US with a donated car, it didn't work. The car was in too good condition.

There is no longer much possibility for efficiency improvement with a modern engine in good working order. Given the harm potential, it's not worth the risk.

qbee42 likes this.
  2. Rok

Rok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so did anyone solve this problem to start hho henerator with ice on? i have the same problem.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No one has posted here in the last 6 years.

Rok likes this.
  4. ConradNoner

ConradNoner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the problem is you are asking people for experience and subsequent data on the subject that im sure you have ample research and all you are getting are opinions and second hand rumors. IMHO (lol) is that you should just jump right into it. Document your research, publish your results (fail or success) you might find something interesting in the process. Don't ask people if crossing the road is safe... Because a lot of blind people will say its impossible and jaywalkers say its easy. Just do it. You can only do so much with hypothesis and theories... You'll just have to jump head first.

5. Larry Harris

Larry Harris New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    You can hook it up just like your hooking up a tech to the car. This will allow the system to turn on when the motor is running and turn off when the motor shuts down.