1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III braking problem - how bad is it really?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by spinkao, Feb 7, 2010.

1. georgew

georgew New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I just did.

maybe more whip without the lash...equivalent of being shoved back in your seat without warning ... Only happens with brake pause in my car. We'll see if the problem persists in my car once Toyota implements their fix.

2. cwaynedavis

cwaynedavis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I rented several of the Gen 2 Prius models before taking the plunge during cash4clunkers on the Gen 3. Rented one week period 4 times and never really noticed the braking issue. First week in the Gen 3 and I was concerned, but not panicked :eek:. I notified my dealer and told him to tell me when a fix was available, as I knew it wasn't right. I'm guessing some Gen 3's do it more than others, but have only driven my Gen 3, package III, so can't say. Always happens to me turning into parking lots, and at the same time hitting a pot hole or speed bump. Sorry for rambling, I'm a newbie on this forum.

wd

3. DBS

DBS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I was on 14th Street in Washington, DC with my family to see the national Christmas tree. It was snowing and I was braking for a stop light. At the same time I hit a pothole and for a split second it felt as if I had no brakes while a person stepped out in front of the car. I slammed he brakes but still just nugged the person. Scared me and the person walking in the crosswalk. It is a real problem but needs the right circumstances. I have been able to repeat it. It really does feel for a split second like you have no brakes.