1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III NAVI Antenna Location

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by donee, Apr 17, 2011.

1. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I was reading through : http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...able-rear-camera-display-while-driving-3.html . And you can get the SV numbers and relative signal strengths (why its not in Cn/Eb0 like most other GPS receivers, I have no idea). But anyway, this allowed me to feel around and find where the antenna is. Its in towards the driver from the left speaker (all the way up next to the windshield) on the line of the inboard most portion of the speaker grill.

Placing one's hand in that area causes an instant drop in GPS satellite signal level (typically in the 80's, dropping to the 50's).

2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I thought the GPS antenna was the blister on the dash on the passenger side, near where the window meets the dash. What is the purpose of the dash blister on my Gen 3 V with ADP, if it is not the GPS antenna what is the purpose of that blister?

3. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. 2ZR JDM

2ZR JDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Check out step 16

Attached Files:

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rather than spreading mis-information, here's the actual Toyota install doc. The antenna is center to the dash.

Attached Files:

6. 2ZR JDM

2ZR JDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    lol beat you to the post [​IMG]

7. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Factory kits to add systems to cars don't necessarily install them exactly the same as they would be installed at the factory.

The Toyota shop manual agrees with Donee. It shows it near the left dash speaker.

Kits often do things differently because access in an already built car is more limited than it was during production of the car.