1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III Prius Sighting/Touching In Japan

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by amped, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What? No passenger ejector seat?

2. Black2006

Black2006 Member

I suppose y'all seen these:

2009 Toyota Prius: Spy Report - Popular Mechanics

and

Prius Goes Mainstream - Auto News - Motor Trend

Hopefully there will still be enough space in the hatch for a mid-size dog to ride comfortably without putting the back seats down.

Parts-sharing with the Corolla is not a good marketing idea: it will promote the notion some have, that hybrids are just cheap and underpowered econo-boxes. I believe the fact that the Prius is its own thing, was instrumental to its success. Many I know who would never consider a Toyota, have ended up in a Prius. Hope the bean-counters didn't spoil it.

3. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Wow... multi-link rear suspension?

Thank you. Finally.... properly built suspension system for road trips.

4. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Due to global warming the ICE will melt and will be replaced with a ROCK or FIRE or more like WOOD as the water level will rise and the new Prius will sometimes need to float.

With the more boat like look the back window will be a port hole similar to the original T-Birds.

As for the floating part, they are currently in talks with the designer/engineer of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for licensing of technologies.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I doubt a multi-link will make it to the Prius. It wasn't meant to be a good handling car.

The torsion beam is compact which increases luggage space and cheap to produce which lowers cost. It can save weight by not requiring a separate rear stabiliser bar. It just doesn't soak up the bumps like an independent suspension does.

6. paduck

paduck New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I hope you didn't just admit to insider trading. That is a crime you know - to buy and sell stock based on knowledge not available to the general public. A felony even.

Ask Martha Stewart....

7. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Senior Fjord Architect

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    6 * 7

8. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That isn't insider trading...he is speculating that the newest Prius will be a hit and that sales for Toyota will do very well. If he bought stock in the company that he found out was going to supply the lithium batteries (before the general public was given this information) THAT would be insider trading.