1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen1, 180,000miles: fix or new??

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by fitjulie, Dec 14, 2009.

1. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats on your new Prius. Do you have a pic?

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    :welcome:

Did you buy your Gen 1 new or used?

If you bought it a long time ago 6 or 7 years ago ... what's up with the newbie status? Where you been?

3. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I love my 2002 Prius to death, but I would never buy another one again. I am figuring on a 2011 Jeep Patriot by the time I am ready. Too many other expenses to offset the amazing fuel economy of the Prius. Tire replacement is far too frequent. 2nd Gen is no better according to my friends, and 3rd is likely to be the same. If you don't get LRR tires for these things, fuel economy suffers to the point where an Echo can catch up. Plus winter driving any generation without snow tires is just crazy. They are terribly unsafe and slide all over the place when turning. Prius is the only car I have ever had to buy snow tires for. As I understand it seems Gen2 and 3 are worse than Gen 1's in the snow.

However, my ownership experience has been very positive with nearly 180,000 on the clock, and I would do it again. I love so many things about my Gen 1 Prius, but there have been a few things that just tee me off. I hope she will last until about 300,000 and then get rid of her, but she is still in awesome shape! She is so sexy in white!