1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen2 OBD2 app review

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mr_guy_mann, Apr 25, 2022.

1. retirednongeek

retirednongeek New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello,

First post to this thread, in hopes of learning if I bought the right scan dongle and app for what I am trying to fix. Many thanks to mr_guy_mann for his reviews, and other members who pointed me to this thread, and those members who have offered assistance in another thread.

My full story can be found in this thread (and in the page previous to this link):

https://priuschat.com/threads/p0a08-error-code.84619/page-2

To summarize my story thus far, the 12V battery in my 2004 Prius is not getting recharged. After getting towed to dealership and nearly $200 later, they reported they found code P0A08, and their "fix" was recharging the 12V battery that I had just installed. Car worked and ran, and charged fine, for about a month. Now, not charging. My suspicion is the DC-DC Converter Inverter Assembly is bad. But, I wanted to be sure I am chasing the right DTC, and purchased the Autel MaxiAP AP2500.

I am not getting any DTCs, even after I intentionally run down the 12V battery and start getting warning lights.

Is the Autel MaxiAP AP2500 capable of reading the DTCs that I need to see related to the Hybrid Vehicle (HV) System, or did I mis-read and understand it's capabilities?