1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen4 wiper blades?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RCE1, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very dry at our house, generally. I am working on upgrading our system to irrigate the garden from our pond.
    There is sometimes rain all around us but we are baking & burning too. We had too much rain early in the growing season, delaying planting our vegetables. Now it is dry. For comparison, a neighbor's field that generated 7 bushels of potatoes last year, only generated 1.5 bushels this year. they may not have harvested as much as they planted.

Starship16 likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    BC had a spate of lightening sparked fires recently; you can't win.

Vancouver proper is out-of-reach for pretty much everyone now. The property taxes are murder too. Out in the 'burbs for nearly 30 years now, we got in when prices were taking off, thought we were hard done by when we bought because prices had close to double in the few year previous.

And here we are, prices have further climbed, close to quadruple since we bought. Not sure what it means though, the cost of living and all, and the annual kick-in-the-nuts property taxes (someone's got to pay those municipal employees, toiling away eradicating Japanese Knotwood in the blazing sun, all the livelong day :)...).

Starship16 likes this.
  3. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Picked up a 2nd new pair of wipers at KRMCG's favorite Toyota dealer, Auto Nation Cerritos Toyota. They had a better price (and a senior discount) than where I originally ordered from, Dianne Whitmire's Carson Toyota. Does she still post at Priuschat? Carson is a nice looking dealership. And it never seems to be crowded in the mornings. I might go there for future oil changes. And say hello to Dianne. :D

And look at this beauty of a car..... :) I was very tempted. A 2019, and after the $1500 incentive it's only $18,500? Keep it in the bedroom, as a spare. :ROFLMAO: The Corolla SE.

IMG_0963.jpg

Mendel, nobody had the "pink" Toyota brand washer fluid. Don't even carry it. They had the aftermarket Peak brand. I guess I will have to order from Canada. ;) These dealers had a lot of aftermarket things... even wiper blades, filters, etc. that seemed strange.

#43 Starship16, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Mendel Leisk and krmcg like this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Here's some info, fwiw. There's a number in the lower right corner of the label, might help. Obviously a Canadian product, indicates 4 liters.

IMG_9122.JPG

Starship16 likes this.
  5. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yes, I specifically asked for the big pink jug of Toyota washer fluid. Both dealers said they don't even carry that.

Several months ago I bought a bottle of Rain-X concentrate, that you mix with water. And for some strange reason now I got this weird looking slime inside the filler tube. It cleans the windshield OK, but I don't know what that slime is, and it won't go away. (Just a minor irritation, no big deal.) So now I just buy the washer fluid that is already mixed.

Super Duper bug remover! :ROFLMAO: From Bill and Bob's bait & tackle shop. :LOL::cool: The same place I get my gas now, too.:ROFLMAO:;)

#45 Starship16, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Mendel Leisk likes this.