1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

General Forum Question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by coot, Apr 28, 2008.

1. coot

coot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I posted a reply to a question in the forum and it says there where 26 replys, how do I access them? My post on the question was the last one shown, but I don't see any of the 26 replies. I am not new to forums in general, just this one, the post was about HID replacement bulds and a site I have used to purchase a Hid kit for my Beemer motorcycle.They have free shipping and are very reliable and cheap. Here is the post

[​IMG] Re: HID replacement cost
    Find out what bulb type it is then try these guys out HID Xenon A Conversion Kit WWW.CQLIGHT.CA
    I bought a setup for my bike, bulb, wiring harness, ballast and starter for $75.00, free shipping to the US and Canada.
    35 or 40 bucks a bulb. Tip, dont touch the bulb glass with your fingers and get oil from your skin on them. It could cause the bulb to burn out prematurely or fog the inside of the headlight lens up. Before you stab it in the holder wipe the bulb glass off with alcohol then stab it.
    If the bulb fails on my 08 this is where I will get my replacement, or you can pay 100 dollars or more for the same bulb somewhere else. Bulb brightness is measured in degrees kelvin. The higher you go the more blue or violet the light will be. A new halogen bulb is about 4300 kelvin, 5000 is about the brightness of a flash bulb or diamond white. It looks cool having real blue lights but the higher up you go the less usable light you have. It gets to be like a black light or ultraviolet light. That site has all the facts you need about HID light. I have not looked yet to see what type of base is on the bulb the Prius uses, only had the car for about a month and it's the wifes car. A complete system through these folks is only 165 bucks and that would include more stuff than you need, you only need a 35 or 40 dollar bulb. Buy 2 so you have a spare or change them both out and save the, still good one as a spare.
    Just saw the post above, the D2 is 35 dollars. Send them an email about the mercury free bulbs. It states complete inventory all bulb types available.
    They did me right on the kit for my bike.
    :tea:

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    From the looks of it, you were the last one to post on this thread...

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/1150-hid-replacement-cost.html

There was an original post which makes it number 1 in the thread, then other responded, your response was number 27 in the thread, meaning that there was 26 responses to the original post. The 26 responses that you are inquiring about are all before you post to the thread.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can flip your monitor upside down, which will make your post the first one. I do this when I want to hijack a thread. :rolleyes:

Tom