1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GenIII Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app

Discussion in 'OBDII Android App' started by usbseawolf2000, Oct 7, 2011.

1. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't believe I still haven't gotten to installing these PIDs.

2. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another satisfied customer. Purchased an EML237 Interface on Amazon, purchased the Torque App in the Google Play Store, downloaded this custom PID file, and the first thing I did was set the Reverse Beep to 'DISABLE'. Don't understand why they set the default to beep, beep, beep. Anyway, I like all the additional data that isn't available on the dash or Nav Screen.

3. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Which SoC PID are you guys using? I tried the one labeled State of Charge and it's only calibrated to 80%. There is another that is SoC All Batts. Is this the correct one?

4. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Both should be about the same and you can use either one. Both the SOC are controlled to between 40% and 80% (the green region in the diagram below).

SOC control region.jpg

The Upper SOC control limit is about 80% and the Lower SOC control limit is about 40%.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/Hybrid03.pdf

Vincent

5. Ragin Cajun

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Vincent. Mine usually stays around 60%, is this correct?

I have one other issue. Ive use the Disable all seatbelt beeps PID. But Ive had a traction control and ABS alarm go off because of it. Any light you can shed on this would be nice.

6. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Did you leave the Disable all seatbelt beeps PID on the display screen? It only need to be run once and you should deselect it from the display screen after you're done, do not leave it running continuously.

Vincent

7. Ragin Cajun

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I went into the settings and manage PIDs. Found the Seatbelt PID and long pressed it to edit. Once there I scrolled down to the bottom and hit the TEST button. It returned some info and then I got the ABS lights. Should I do it another way?

8. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    What was the info shown? Others have did the same way using the TEST button.

Could you select Seat Belt Beep Query to see what is the value returned? There could be some changes to model year 2012 onwards and some of the data bits that were not used in previous model year 2010 ~ 2011 is being used from 2012 onwards.

Vincent

9. Electric Charge

Electric Charge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I noticed just viewing some of these PIDs while trying to add a display will trigger/execute stuff. I can hear the battery cooling fans kick in when I scroll towards the end of the list, and my reverse beep was disabled without me even adding it as a display. Either I screwed up, or one needs to be extremely careful when using Torque and PIDs which change car settings.

10. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, have to be careful. I am considering taking those out of the csv file. The PIDs that would change the setting will have to be manually entered. Not convenient but I think it is better that way so car settings are not changed without the user noticing.

11. Electric Charge

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So I guess I now have to wonder if any dangerous settings have been changed without me knowing about it, since these can be activated just by listing the PIDs. I was always under the impression that you had to use the 'TEST' function in order to activate them, so I felt pretty safe up until now.

12. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is nothing dangerous on that list that I know of.

The listing gets the PID output as you scroll them. It'll turn to green once the result comes back.

13. Ragin Cajun

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It may have turned the beep back on while scrolling thru the PIDs while connected to the ECU. When I tried to turn them off again I may have had a fault in my obd2 unit which set off the ABS alarm. Either way once I power cycled the car the alarms went away and haven't come back. It may be a good idea to mention that one should not scroll thru the list of available PIDs while connected to the ECU.

14. Electric Charge

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What about the battery cooling fan? I haven't really researched it, since I scroll past that setting asap.

I agree, I wish Torque would allow you to ignore 'previewing' certain PIDs, but I guess until then, a warning needs to be posted just so people understand (or remove the PIDs).

15. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I recall, there are 6 speeds the battery fan can operate. Running it at max for a few seconds won't hurt as it should be able to sustain max battery cooling.

16. RicCorless

RicCorless Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's a question that's rolled around in my head for a while: do these PIDs apply equally to GenIII models WITH navigation as well as those WITHOUT navigation? Has anyone tried the reverse beep shutoff on both models?

17. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Thanks for the heads up! I've moved them to a new worksheet under customize options and added warnings to the change log.

Vincent

hybridbear and xs650 like this.
  18. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All!

I'm new to this but was very interested in getting Torque in my android phone - will the PIDs for the Gen III Prius work on my Prius C? I want to see Inverter Coolant Temp. :) Thanks!

19. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi col127,

Some will work, there is a dedicated thread for C and it has its own list.

Prius C Custom PIDs | Page 2 | PriusChat

Vincent

20. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks so much! Does your PID list show inverter coolant temp for the prius c? Thanks!