GenIII Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app

Discussion in 'OBDII Android App' started by usbseawolf2000, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Ohid

Ohid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to bother you. It is 8 years after your post. I also drive a 7 seater prius. Could you share how do you setup hybrid battery monitoring in Torque pro. It has 8 blades therefore setting should be different.

#401 Ohid, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. PickleMint

PickleMint New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For monitoring the battery i would suggest the 'Dr. Prius' app. Another nice app is 'Car Scanner ELM'. This can read the battery but also a lot of other sensors.

3. Ohid

Ohid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Car Scanner ELM only monitor total pack voltage. No details of blade voltage and internal resistance.

4. PickleMint

PickleMint New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe you don't have the correct vehicle profile selected then? I can read the voltage of 14 different modules just like the Dr. Prius app.

5. Ohid

Ohid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Please advice me how to select correct vehicle profile. Mine is Prius Alpha/Plus with Li-ion. It has 8 blades.

Could you post your car monitoring photo or video?

6. PickleMint

PickleMint New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried selecting 'Prius Gen.3 2010+' in Car Scanner? This works for my Auris (European car) as it has the same engine/hybrid system as the Prius 3.

Then after connecting, go to 'All sensors' and scroll down the list to see if you have sensors like 'Battery Block Voltage -V09' etc. If you see them, you can then create custom dashboards by going to the 'Dasbhoard' option.

Did you also try Dr. Prius?

#406 PickleMint, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Ohid likes this.
  7. Ohid

Ohid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks I will try but there is more Battery blocks. I need 1-8 blocks. Should I delete Battery Block Voltage -V09 to V14?

#407 Ohid, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  8. Ohid

Ohid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    I am planning to adopt Prius 3rd gen PIDs to my Prius Alpha 2015 Li-ion Battery. Since Prius Alpha and Prius Plus also considered as Prius 3rd gen but they have Li-ion instead of Nimh. Moreover, Alpha or Prius plus has less Battery blocks than Nimh. They have 8 blocks but Prius 3rd Gen has 14 blocks Nimh battery.

So if I delete PIDs for Battery Blocks Voltage-V09 to V14. As well as Internal Resistance 09 to 14.

What will be the consequences? Does it give me correct readings of my Li-ion pack?

9. Sarsa Parilla

Sarsa Parilla New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry if this post is out of place. But I'm a software developer, I'm looking to develop an app to thwart catalytic converter theft, having been a victim of one. My first research is into how to trigger the panic alarm programmatically, and I'm hoping a few pointers here and there will help me along. I don't see anything in the PID list in this thread, do you think it is possible at all, or would I need to do some reverse engineering by triggering the alarm with the keychain and capturing the code?