1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GenIII Prius Custom PIDs for Torque app

Discussion in 'OBDII Android App' started by usbseawolf2000, Oct 7, 2011.

1. zm15

zm15 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Aha! Thanks!!

2. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is the zip file IS updated ??? it seems the still Sept 2011 in the zip file...

wondering where can I get the update3 ??? other than just from the google spreadsheet ??

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just attached the updated CSV files (US and Metric) to the first post. Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  4. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did manage to pull it from the google doc... just wanted to clarify... also I just simply removed anything PID was there and re-added the new file ... not sure what is the best practice I only started with torque this week...

Still confused by the naming of the sensors (a little) ... and if someone has a link to how to use the PIDs with torque which set things like beeps etc... I would appreciate...

Also I noticed that Torque stops getting updates after about 1 hour/1 hour 15 minutes running ... not sure what causing it nothing updates ... closing and opening torques solves it but that breaks the "trip" ...

5. danividalg

danividalg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

First of all, thank you very much to everyone for your help and info.

I have used the commands to modify the Battery Cooling Fan Speed, I have checked and it works, but only for some seconds. Examples:
    - Initial fan speed is mode 2
    - If I set the fan speed to mode 0 (stop the fan) it stops, but after 2 or 3 seconds it start again and go to mode 2 again
    - If I set the fan speed to mode 6 (maximum fan speed) it goes to speed mode 3, one second after goes to speed mode 4, and then, one second after returns to mode 2 again.

I suppose it is because the automatic control takes control again and depending on the battery intake temp sets the fan speed mode as needed.

My question is, Is there any way to enable/disable the automatic control of fan speed mode?

I know it is dangerous, but the correct commands order should be something like:
    Maximum cooling:
    - Disable auto control
    - Set fan speed mode to 6

Return to auto cooling:
    - Enable auto control

Anyone could help about this?
    Any tip about where to begin to look for this?

Thanks and best regards :)

6. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Thanks for confirming it also works in Torque.:)

I doubt you can enable/disable the automatic control. As what you suspected, the fan speed is controlled by the Power Management Control ECU which gets feedback from the Battery Smart Unit that monitors the HV battery temperatures.

[​IMG]

However, if you keep sending the commands, the Battery Cooling Blower will treat it as a command from Power Management Control ECU and spin according to your set speed.

As stated by Adrian Black in this post:

For Torque, I think if you displayed it as one of the items in the dashboad screen, the command will be sent continually.

Vincent

Attached Files:

7. danividalg

danividalg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It Works! XD
    As you said, if I put it as a display, while I'm on that dashboard command is being executed and then the fan speed stands on mode 6
    To "turn off" this manual forced mode and return to auto mode I only have to slide to another dashboard :D

Thank you very much for your help and best regards :)

8. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think the CSV file link currently works.

Regardless, thanks for all the work you've done on this!

9. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is my current csv file. The most current development in the Google spreadsheet form (you'll need to create properly formatted csv from it) can be found at Welcome to Google Docs

Attached Files:

markabele likes this.
  10. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, thank you!

11. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having troubles importing them in. On my SD card, it's just "torque/extendedpids" but it seems it won't import them.

I worked it out.

12. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a fresh Galaxy S3 :) and first thing I did I bought Torque app and OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. It works fine, there was a warning that I have a cheap china adapter but it works.

Any suggestion what gauges to add to screen, I added Engine Torque (warning above 115 Nm), Engine Speed (warning above 3650 rpm), coolant temp, room temp, A/C pwr and bunch of small sensors. What values do you watch?

With all the data we could calculate BSFC real time in g/(kW·h). All we need is fuel consumption converted from volumetric values to grams (1 l = 743 g) and kW calculated from engine torque and rpm (kW = (Nm * 2 pi * rpm)/60,000). The only problem is how to combine different PIDs, is it possible?

13. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    PriiDash calculates instantaneous energy efficiency (related to BSFC and more intuitive IMHO) and the most recent version can work with gen 3 Prius or any car with standard OBDII. Any volunteer to translate the PIDs (I can help if needed) and test on gen 3 Prius (I don't have access to)?

14. Jack Walther

Jack Walther New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to download the .zip file. It just seems to redirect to the top of the forums. I also tried right clicking it and doing Save File As.. but ended up just downloading 'download.htm' and that contained no reference to a .zip.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

15. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Link in the text in the first post doesn't work, the attachment on the bottom of the first post works.

16. Jack Walther

Jack Walther New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ah, got it. Thank you!

17. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi
    Just a dumb question, but if there is a one time PID, like the seatbelt beep disable, what is the standard operating procedure with torque? It seems to insist on creating a meter for each PID, which makes sense for reading values, but a lot less for writing values. Do I create a meter so that this command runs, and then delete the meter?
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT - Found it. Torque has a handy "Test" button in its menu if we select a PID, which can be used to send a PID once.

18. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How accurate are fuel flow (cc/min), actual engine torque (Nm) and engine speed (rpm) readings?

Why I ask, is that I have taken a few screenshots under different circumstances and come up with this spreadsheet for BSFC calculation:

Welcome to Google Docs

The values are very close together, but far away from rated 220 g/kWh. I have a feeling that fuel flow measurement is too high. It should be zero when engine is free spinning at higher speeds (warp stealth), but I get a reading of 14 cc/min. What PID do you use for fuel flow or how to calibrate, the one I'm using is not from custom PIDs, but already in Torque app.

19. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Warp Stealth (no fuel flow) is very hard to get to and doesn't happen just because your foot isn't on the gas.

20. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok instant cons on car display was 0 l/100 km, torque was indicating 14 cc/min. Anyway I set enhanced MPG calculation in OBD2 setings and it seems more accurate now