1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gentex w/Homelink question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jack curry, Nov 2, 2021.

1. jack curry

jack curry New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    We have a 2012 Prius 3 and I'm trying to install a mirror with dimming and HomeLink for my wife. I have it all apart but can't figure out the wiring connectors in the footwell. They don't look like the connectors or wires in the Toyota instructions. And do I tap into the wires that are all white with color blobs or the wires in the back that the connector plugs into.
    Any help would be appreciated. I keep searching, but the only things that come up are how to tap into the dome light wires.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The trim v3 does not have switched 12v near the mount, higher trims do.

You can tap into the dome (room) light wires (constant 12v) and it will be fine. It only draws 6 ma. If you are parking the car for weeks, simply turn it off with the button on the mirror. My identical homelink setup is on the site.

Otherwise you can find a switched 12v fuse in the interior fuse box and use a fuse tap connector.

60A40524-DC5B-4974-90AE-D17E43C88A8D.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021