1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

German Magazine "Auto Motor und Sport" tests Gen4...and is positive about it

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by pakitt, Apr 21, 2016.

1. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Toyota Prius Test (2016) - Sparspaß pur - Auto Motor und Sport
    (If you use Chrome you can traslate it in english.)

They have a table I will combine later with the Gen3 vs Gen4 comparison post from the other Italian test from Quattroruote I mentioned there.
    The German Magazine has tested the car on Feb. 20th 2016 in Stuttgart and with an ambient temperature of, from what the pics show, of 4C/39F. That being said, they reported a fuel consumption (in the PDF paid document I bought, not the web article accessible to all), based on different driving styles/behaviors of:
    • 275km/mi driven "Eco" --> 4,4L/100km - 53.4mpg
    • average 21km/mi route, driven "Pendler"/"Commuter" --> 4,8L/100km - 49mpg
    • unknown numbers of km/mi driven "Sportfharer"/"Sporty driver" --> 6,9L/100km - 34mpg
    • overall combined (weighted value from 15% Eco and Sportfahrer, 70% Commuter driving styles) --> 5,1L/100km - 46mpg
    The interesting thing is that they don't complain about the wash basin/toilet white plastic, they claim that the car is nice to drive, that it is way more silent even at highway speeds, and that only in full accelerations it starts to "howl" like in Gen3. Overall their review is really positive, considering they are usually more interested in HP, torque, etc. ;)

telmo744 likes this.