1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Get PriusXM or wait until March for Dealer Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SteveS, Dec 16, 2005.

1. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Should I get the Factory Interactive PriusXM on my new '06 Prius (picking up in January), or should I wait until March to do the dealer install?

Thoughts? Pros/Cons?

2. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

While everyone is considering responding to SteveS' post... does anyone know if the factory installed XM will need a seperate exposed XM antenna or is there some sort of factory integrated antenna?

And thanks for asking this SteveS, I have been thinking about this for a while since I am in the same boat as far as delivery.

3. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

I guess nobody has an opinion :-/

As to your question, I can almost guarantee that it will require an exposed antenna...

4. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The integrated unit is the way to go, but right now the text is limited to 10 characters. I am not sure it that is a limitation of the current XM radio or the 05 MFD. Someone else said they heard it was a limitation of the radio. Anyway, I would wait for the new radio just to ensure getting the longer text lines.

5. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I guess I can jerry-rig my SkyFi until March.

Ugh.

6. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what I'm doing with my MyFi. There is noise when getting power from either below dash or center console - but with internal battery on the MyFi all ok. Owner's manual warns of this problem, may be fixable. I'll probably just live with it for a couple of months.