1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting 6 Codes- Replaced HV Battery and 12 Volt both

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jon D, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Jon D

Jon D New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have an 06 Prius, that unfornately has sit for about a year. I just put a reconditioned HV and 12 Volt in it this weekend as it would not start or anything and I got all the warning lights on the dashboard. after replacing, I still get the Red triangle and VSC, basically all the warning lights still, park brake light, it will shift into neutral only and park. It will not start the engine (gas) at all. I here the inverter pump humming or something. But nothing else is happening. Using a friends Bosch OBDII Code reader I got 6 "C" Codes , 1241,1246,1353,1364,1365,1378. It tells me what they are, but I am not sure if they have anything to do with the issue at hand. I have ordered a Bluetooth codereader and downloaded the Dr Prius app to see if that is any better or helps down the road. any help would be great! I am at a lost other than searching these codes out and trying to figure out what to do about those.. thanks again.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you need tech stream. but first, watch the video on replacing the orange safety plug. most forget the third step: the slide

Jon D likes this.
  3. Jon D

Jon D New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok, So I went back through my installation, turns out I DID not slide the orange connector down into place, so after doing that , the car started and up and drives, now the only lights I have are the ABS and VSC, the brake light and the constant beeping noise that is very annoying. I did manage to drive to the car wash and get it cleaned up. Now I just need to figure out to clear that beeping and the other lights out. I have a code reader I bought, a Bluetooth reader, it says I have no engine codes or battery codes. I am using the Dr. Prius app with my code reader, which is how I figured out the orange connector was not engaged completely. I have seen a youtube on how to use a paperclip to short across the on board reader plug to reset these two main lights, but I wanted to ask and get some more advice here before I tried that and shorted something out. Thanks in advance for any input.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The same two pins and paper clip that you've read about for blindly "resetting" those lights turns out to also be a way, if you don't mind counting some light blinks, to find out why you have the lights on. That would be my choice of what to use it for.

Lots of threads here have the details. A search for blink codes tc cg ought to find a bunch for you.

Jon D likes this.