1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting back the Hybrid System Indicator

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Oona, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Oona

Oona New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Please forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere but I'm pretty frazzled. I'm the new owner of a 2015 Prius and it's a wonderful car--completely undeserving of all the obscenities I've been hurling at it in the last hour. I find all the features are overwhelming and the manual absolutely useless. I can't figure out how to get the Hybrid System Indicator to show once you use the DISP button to bring up the SETTINGS screen. I've tried everything I can think of, hunted through the manual, and cussed a lot. I would be SO grateful for advice on this. It's gotta be *so simple*...

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you on the settings main page just by scrolling with the display button? or have now entered settings, where you can make changes?

3. Oona

Oona New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm at the screen that says "SETTINGS" and you long-press the DISP button to get a list of things you can change. I'm not at the car now, but if I recall correctly there's an option that says END, but that doesn't take me to the hybrid systems indicator. It just takes me back to that dratted SETTINGS screen.. I just want to get back to the hybrid systems indicator because I need to see the odometer to know when I need to get the car serviced. I drive a lot so I have to watch that.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Don't you just press, not hold, the DISP button to cycle through the displays after you are finished in SETTINGS? This will cycle through all the available displays, I think, taking you back to the HSI display eventually.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On the steering wheel buttons: push DISP button until you're seeing the Hybrid System Indicator, then push TRIP (don't press and hold, just a quick push) repeatedly until you're seeing the numbers you prefer along the bottom. There's Trip A, Trip B, Odometer, Miles to Empty, and blank.

Page 189:

upload_2017-7-9_7-6-19.png

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. tpenny67

tpenny67 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you push the ECO button next to the gear shift, that should bring you straight to the HSI screen.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.