1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Mini Vci and techstream to work on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jose Reyes, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Jose Reyes

Jose Reyes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    After a long day of frustration, I was finally able to get techstream and Xhorse MINI VCI cable working on my Windows 10 B590 64 bit laptop. After reading and trying to follow post on how to change the registry to get the software to install and unable to get it to work. I was finally able to get it to work by using a emulator and following the steps of the attached video to install it on my computer. I bought the cable off ebay and downloaded the techstream software of a website. Everything worked like a charm and was able to get everything going in less than 30 minutes. I was able to run the tech stream software and add a spare key to my 2013 Prius for less than 50 dollars.

I bought a fob off offer-up for 30 bucks and bought a unlocking service for 16 dollars. I am happy to report that the process took less then 10 minutes and I have a fully functioning spare key. The service to unlock the key is quick and painless.

I should also note for future reference that it is possible to bleed the brakes using techstream. I had to replace the brake caliper after accidentally pressing the brake while replacing the hub and axle. I had to go to a hybrid shop and was amazed that they charged me 85 dollars to do this service using only software.

These are the steps to install the emulator. You will have to reinstall after 30 days or buy a product key for Windows XP.

Here is the link for the unlocking service in Ebay.
    Virgin Toyota Lexus Smart Key Unlock Reflash Reset Keyless FOB Prox HYQ14AAB | eBay

#1 Jose Reyes, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Unlocking service is to make the key a virgin key again?

3. Jose Reyes

Jose Reyes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes. I can personally vouch for it. I bought the key, the service and went through the steps. The key was able to be programmed without a hitch. I just need to have the blank key cut at the dealer.