1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting my 2005 HV battery replaced

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jefe, Jun 5, 2013.

1. jefe

jefe Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Ron! That makes me feel much better. We shall see how it does.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best of luck Jefe hope it works out for you

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Given the short supply I guess they must have just finished putting your battery together at the last minute and the new paint smell hasn't had time to fade. Yeah it will definitely fade.

Not seeing too much SOC variation (either way) is a GOOD sign for battery health. I'd be happy that the new battery is not seeing green SOC as often as before. Six bars (the top blue bar) is the preferred SOC that the Prius tries to maintain.

What Ron said. The MPG calculation that the computer performs relies on stored "historical" data (that has been collected over a great many tankfuls) in order to calibrate the MPG readout. It's very common for the MPG readout to be relatively inaccurate for quite some time after the stored data has been wiped. Just give it some time, your new battery sounds like it's a good one and it's very unlikely that anything else would have adversely affected your MPG.