1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting ready to buy my 3rd Prius

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by nhguy78, Aug 7, 2017.

1. nhguy78

nhguy78 whirr...........

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey all, I'm getting ready to buy my 3rd Prius, 2nd Plug-in, which with be Prime Advanced. We went to go test drive and scout out the dealership we may buy it from.

They didn't have an "Advanced" model but a Premium. That aside... I'm excited about it. Finally, a heated steering wheel and backup grid lines on the screen.

On the other side, I'm not feeling the rear-end. Yeah, edgy. I want a more normal car without making a screaming statement. Plug-in hybrid is statement enough. LOL anyways. I will most likely overcome this distraction.

Perhaps one day, they will start installing a USB charger in the back. Not a big deal. I'm alone in the car most of the time. Speaking of the rear seat: I love how much more roomy it is back there! On another note: that extra room comes at the expense of the cargo area.

I need to get used to the dash and all the options ... kinda overwhelming. The infotainment is also overhwleming. I need to now find the option for fan speed on the screen instead of a simple button. pThen again, I've always thought there should be a fan speed button on the steering wheel of my current PiP Advanced.

Is there a way to climate control units of measure? I see the option to change time to 24 hour time and other things. Just nagging distraction.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!(y)

nhguy78 likes this.
  3. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Congrats! Just got my Prime Premium a week ago. There is a 12V receptacle on the rear face of the center console. Just get a USB adapter for it and you're set!

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats. It may seem overwhelming at 1st but in no time you will be cruising along with a big smile on your face. Advanced is also the way to go. Extra toys well worth it.

#4 huskers, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  5. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    you really mean cruising? right, because why would anybody be cursing their Prime?:eek:

04priusnow and Mark57 like this.