1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

getting the same MPG at 45-65-80 mph?? I can only get 41 hwy mpg...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Apostle39, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Apostle39

Apostle39 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Newbie here. I have 1500 miles on my new 2013 prius in a week lol. I can only seem to manage 41mpg on the highway. The weird thing is now I can only get about 46mpg around town. Whether using cruise control or my foot its still the same. I watched the video that was posted in 500 mile tank post and used those techniques, but no matter what still sucking down the mpg! Any thoughts? I appreciate any help :) ..... BTW its still much better than my X5 (y)

2. DU3L NRG

DU3L NRG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Running the a/c often can reduce mpg, i found that when i first started driving my prius the mpg seemed low but started to get better after driving more. Is the highway mpg with cruise control on flat ground?

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your mileage is not very representative of what the car should be able to do. There is a sticky on the top of this forum with a mileage questionnaire. I'd recommend filling it out and posting it on this thread. It will save time and hopefully provide some answers.

4. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bottom line - it's how you drive. You've only had the car for a week and if it's your first hybrid, you'll learn over the next few weeks how to achieve better mileage. One tip - don't go 80 mph!:cool: