1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GISTEMP data

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Sep 14, 2016.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  2. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The Adjustocene by Gavin

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    All temperature analyses are going up, including all surface T and UAH & RSS satellite analyses. It is fruitless to suppose that Gavin Schmidt (or anyone else) has 'mind control' over the many folks who study this.

But here's the thing. T is increasing by 0.15 oC per century, or maybe 0.2. It may become faster later, do not know. It may go negative later, but until a few such data points present themselves, that noise is only noise.

To me it seems unproductive to focus on unprecedented faster increases, or unprecedented future decreases. We are on this current ramp. Fine. Within it, what are benefits and risks? How to maximize the former and ameliorate the latter? How much does each cost, who will pay, etc. etc. etc.

Revision (improvement) of energy supply from C-burning to renewable is already underway. Improved energy efficiency is already underway. Both might be run faster, but that is political.

The human enterprise would be much improved by doubling energy supply over ~3 decades. Tell me how to do this. Tell me how to do this with the least harmful externalities.

DadofHedgehog likes this.