1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Give Yourself Peace Of Mind By Installing A Lojack Security System In Your New Prius "C"!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by marygreenthumb, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $1000? Too much money. Lojack made sense back in the day--maybe. Nowadays who's stealing a Prius? Getting a car to start is harder than ever before, not to mention the Prius is surely a low-desire item to steal, as there isn't going to be a market for its parts.

I'm far more concerned about a burglary of my home. If i were to drop $1000 it would be on video cameras and/or security system. Honestly, I don't even care much if somebody steals my car. I have a $250 deductible so I pay that out and get a new one. I know nobody who's ever had a car stolen, like ever. Rates of thefts, especially in the suburbs are low, and a Prius in the suburbs being stolen? My first response would probably be to laugh, it's like insuring against catapulted cows hitting my house.

In questions like this one can defer to insurance. How much of a discount will there be? That tells you very confidently how effective the technology is. Don't do the math, let your insurance adjuster do it. I guarantee the payoff on having lojack on my car would be many years, if ever because I'm at as low risk as one can be.

2. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. McLintock!

McLintock! New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They tried to sell me lojack at the dealer because of where I live but it is just too expensive. I was looking at the Zoombak but it has terrible reviews on Amazon. The Garmin GTU 10 seems ok with the fixes Garmin made in Feb 2o12 (according to Amazon reviews). What about the SKS makes the Prius so hard to steal? Now that I've read this thread I'm a little less worried.