1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Giving away free stuff on Craigslist...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jan 18, 2013.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So whenever I want to give away stuff and don't want to wait for Salvation army or whatever, I just list it on Craigslist's free stuff section, and someone is usually here within a few hours happily to take it away. So when I submit a request I'll typically get 5-15 responses instantly within the first minute and I usually just do first come first serve. Sometimes people will give compelling reasons why they need the item, but if they're not first, they don't get it. Do you think I should screen for a good story? The stories could be made up after all. Or should I just stick to first come first serve?

2. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I give stuff away it's usually to people I already know (co-workers, friends, relatives).

When I donate to strangers, I'm much more cautious so I prefer to deliver the item to them instead of inviting them over to my home to pick it up - which costs me time and money but I feel safer that way.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think it's more likely the stories are or would be made up. My vote is for sticking with 1st come 1st served.