1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Giving the PC Liberals something else to research (open to all)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 9 2007, 06:01 AM) [snapback]372957[/snapback]</div>
    OK, fine, I'll take just one of the more ludicrous ones:

Current Unemployment rate: 4.5%
    Unemployment rate when Clinton left office: 3.9%
    Source

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 9 2007, 07:01 AM) [snapback]372957[/snapback]</div>
    And Priusguy, why should any of us waste our time "disproving" something you didn't even write yourself? I mean, the list is a bunch of pre-election campaign talking points. There's no need to argue them now. If most people agreed with that list, you all would still control both houses of congress. But the voters already settled this one. :p

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Jan 9 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]372992[/snapback]</div>
    Got a cite for that? Does not jibe with stats I've seen.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Damn, these are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

Wrong-o, boy-o

Sure it is - if you're making 300,000 a year or more. The rest of us are screwed.
    Source

Wait a minute - using your "logic": Taxes are down, the deficit is down, yet revenue is up?!?
    Well, we just were shown taxes are up for most of us, the deficit is up, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that revenue is down - both in real dollar amounts and As a precentage of the GDP.

Admittedly they've been going down the past month or two - but since they WERE a record highs, they're still MUCH higher than they were a couple of years ago (and any time before that)
    Source

Meanwhile, here on Earth:
    Source

If by "In check" you mean "going up, higher than it was in the Clinton years", you are correct

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jan 9 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]373016[/snapback]</div>
    Why Investigator Scott of Megans P, of course I didn't write it I stated that it was a recieved email in the first post.. I thought you and the other google Investigators would like to disprove the different statements, and hone up on your skills.. I guess if it doesn't warrant discrediting another poster it just isn't interesting enough.. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 9 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]373036[/snapback]</div>
    See that was easy, Thank you Steve-O & the others that answered! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Jan 9 2007, 09:49 AM) [snapback]372994[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, malorn, I agree 100%..

I think alot can be said of the corruption inindating both parties, it just becomes apparent when they get into office.

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 8 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]372819[/snapback]</div>
    This is pretty funny. Oh, what, you're serious? :eek:
    Let's see, no deficit when democrats were in the White House (government always gets bigger under Republicans for the last 30 years, but they don't pay as they go), home valuations are recently holding steady at best in most markets (doubled in 3.5 years, what are you smoking? Or are you talking about one particular ritzy neighborhood?? Mine is up 27% in 5 years, not bad really.) My wife and I are both employed, but after the job layoffs and new jobs we're just getting back now to our combined 1999 salaries (I'm a little better in that my current salary is comparable to my 2001 salary). I could keep going, but why. You won't change your mind, and I don't see much of value in what you're saying.

7. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jan 9 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]373039[/snapback]</div>
    Argh...grrr....ok. Walked right into that one. Touche.