1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

glamor pic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sluggo42, Aug 26, 2006.

1. adchesney

adchesney New Member

I love the registration plate

Regards "make it so"

ANDREW

2. Prakash

Prakash New Member

This one is alright.

You all folks have a great day! :)

Attached Files:

• out.JPG
      out.JPG
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
  3. shoregeek

shoregeek New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi All,
    Great photos and awesome ideas! I have mod ideas coming for my little company car, darn work keeps me so busy!

I am really curious about finding a camera to put inside, perhaps on the rear view mirror - so we can easily take photo's of the crazy things we see on the road.

I would like to know how to start a Prius club in my area, I posted a response to someone a while back - but never heard a thing. I would really like to start a club down here as there are many Prius owners.

Anyway, here is a photo of my Prius here at Lewes Beach after my new graphics (self designed).

[​IMG]

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, new glamour shot!
    Rudy has his new shark fin antenna!

[​IMG]

5. noelty

noelty Member

Give me some time...I love photography and have only had my car a couple of days...

[​IMG]

6. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noelty @ Jul 7 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]474674[/snapback]</div>

UPDATING MINE.

[attachmentid=9504]

Attached Files:

7. jonbeck

jonbeck New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJGreen @ Jul 7 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]474700[/snapback]</div>
    From monument valley, UT (pardon the dry cleaning in the back seat):
    [attachmentid=9512]

Attached Files:

8. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    you should not have mention dry cleaning on this forum, that could start a war, LOL anyway, VERY COOL PIC.

9. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Multinomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. Over in the Photoshop Your Prius Thread, I called this a road trip, but actually, I don't know if you can call it a road trip since it is only 30 miles away. The path to the top of the falls make for a terrific Sunday Drive.

[attachmentid=9747]

Attached Files:

10. godyn

godyn New Member

I really like the idea ! I think we should do more things like this to get the full attention to the Prius.
    I'm making a decal on the back for the exhaust.
    With the text: "We make you (hy)Breathe"
    Pictures will follow when the car is finished.

PS: how did you remove the prius logo's? Was that easy?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Jun 28 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]469286[/snapback]</div>

11. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godyn @ Jul 16 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]479505[/snapback]</div>
    Aside from elbow grease, it's pretty easy, You need a plastic implement. the shape of a wide screwdriver - I think I used the back end of a plastic spoon whittled down. You insert it behind the edge of the emblem and wiggle underneath, being careful not to scratch the paint job, until you can pry it off. Pull off the rest of the sticky stuff with your fingers. Remove any remaining residue with some WD-40. Wash off the WD-40. Wax or polish if you wish.

12. priussoris

priussoris New Member

After a bath and wax
    [attachmentid=9785]

Attached Files:

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's my best (so far), in magnificent Magnetic Gray:

[attachmentid=9826]

FYI: Color matched, full width, front and rear bumperguards are from bumperdefender.com. Highly recommended. The color I got from them is "Dark Grey". However, after I installed the guards, I understand that bumperdefender.com came out with a closer color match called "Flint Mica Grey". If you are interested for your car, ask bumperdefender.com for up to 3 free color samples to try to match your car's color as closely as possible.

14. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Boo, nice car! Looks just like mine, except I have the Touring. Any chance you can post some close-up photos of your bumper guards, especially where they end on your bumpers? Thanks.

15. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

Now that I have seen many colors I have come to the conclusion that I love the magnetic gray/grey.
    I have metallic millennium silver. Pictures later
    D Rock

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Hokie @ Jul 17 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]480569[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, I'll try. These were previously posted in other threads more specifically related to "bumper guards".

FRONT: Because the front does not have a crease that runs the length of the bumper (the air dam interrupts and is higher than the crease), I chose to line up the bumper strip with the bottom corner of the license plate holder (note that corner is curved - so I started it at the end of the straight line/beginning of the curve line of the license plate holder corner). Note however that where I placed the front bumper strip ends up covering up the bottom third of the tow hole. I figured (perhaps mistakenly) that this wouldn't present a problem if I ever had to get towed, i.e., the tower can still punch out the hole through the top 2/3 of it, or I'll just pry or cut the front bumper strip as necessary):

[attachmentid=9831]

REAR: I chose to line it up right above the middle crease which runs the length of the bumper:

[attachmentid=9832]

Both the front and rear bumper strips end at the crease that is about 3" from the wheel well openings.

You may also want to check out a couple of of my posts on the subject matter in the threads regarding "bumper guards" (search "bumper guards" or my name "boo").

Finally, feel free to email me or call me (212-260-2079) if you have any other questions. Congrats and good luck!

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    SUPPLEMENT:

When I installed the front bumper strip, I elected to locate it on a line that ends up covering the bottom 1/3 of the tow access hole. See picture below:

[attachmentid=9847]

I figured (perhaps mistakenly) that this wouldn't be a problem in the event I ever have to get towed. I figured that either the tow driver can still go through the top 2/3 of the tow access hole, or we could pry back or cut/punch through the bumper strip as necessary. Thoughts, anyone?

18. LYLUVLY

LYLUVLY New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    we had to add in our 2 cents worth, while eating our cavities away in Solvang with
    all those nice pastries..... if you can magnify the side of the Prius, you will be able to see:
    Hybrid
    Prius: Synergy
    Drive

and thats the whole day, from Huntington Beach to Solvang and back. The bumber stickers really attracted a lot of neck bender stares.

[attachmentid=9854][attachmentid=9855]

Attached Files:

19. adchesney

adchesney New Member

Dear USA Cousins

Here are attached some pics of my wife's new baby T-Spirit in Vermilion Red :)

We are driving from UK to Spain tomorrow - so some 2500 miles will be clocked up - I wonder what see will look like when we get back (I mean the car!).

Love the forum

Regards

ANDREW (UK)

Attached Files:

20. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boo @ Jul 18 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]480715[/snapback]</div>
    NOTE: One member replied that if I ever have to get towed by a flat bed truck, a tow hook that is supplied with our Prius needs to get screwed into that hole which is threaded.