1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glare Killer

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JayGen4, May 22, 2020.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe the
    manufacturers say tires need replacing due to age after 8 years for safety reasons.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry for the late reply.

This is the product. It is for the Honda CHR but nothing about the fit is proprietary. It just happens to be the right width to fit perfectly over the screen and also the area just over the lower vent and fan controls, blocking the unholy glare those slider/knobs pick up.

https://amzn.to/3esUwbG

I think it actually looks pretty right in the car. I would personally suggest buying 2. Now, still have to deal with the top part of the dash. I'll apply that strip of vinyl soon.

3. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    People still here? I have updates.

Glare killed above the dashboard with a nice carbon wrap.

Attached Files:

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Looks very neat. Rankles that you should need to do all this though. Prima donna designers with practicality last on their list...

5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. JayGen4

JayGen4 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree. Poorly thought out. There's a tasteful way to make something more matte and they could have also angled things differently. Someone isn't great at their job over at Toyota

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I was rankled by third gen: their dogged instance on putting the instruments in the centre of the dash, with a pale-blue oscilloscope speedometer display that was pretty much invisible when you were driving in bright sun with wet pavement. But who pays attention to the speedo?

Don't get me started about the uniform row of H&V buttons, and especially the mode button, which you have to push repeatedly (once you find it...) while watching a small LCD display, to cycle through the (limited) modes.

Guess I got started... :oops:

8. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps you are an old enough Canadian to remember this in the 70’s. Canada changed to metric. My Chrysler Cordoba had both scales on the speedometer. The mph was white and the metric was blue. The problem was the metric numbers disappeared at night with the blue dash lights. I ended up buying a conversion sticker that had metric in yellow. Poor designs are not new.

Mendel Leisk likes this.