1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Global Warming - 2 German cargo ships pass through 'Arctic Passage'

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Rybold, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's a good think I'm too drunk right now to even care

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If it's written in red, it must be true.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can think and drink at the same time? Or did you mean you're not as think as we drunk you are? :D

4. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You want stupid?

Eenvironmentalists and politicians (at the loathesome UN, no less) decide upon a 'perfect' global temperature and decree that a change from that is catastrophic. Then they decide there is only ONE way for that catastrophic change to occur - they blindly accept no other explanation. They focus on anthropogenic causes because it is the only way they can control men, gain power and steal more money.

The REALLY stupid part? Some ignorant people actually believe them with zeal that can only be described as religious and insist that everyone else believe as well. No debate is allowed. No dissent is allowed.

Blue works just as well for the truth.

5. Jimmie84

Jimmie84 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That sums it up right there. I've never been a believer in the propagated BS to begin with. Certain scientists, Elected officials, GE, And even Al Gore himself stand to make billions of dollars to switch to different energy sources. They could give a rats a** about the climate. It's nothing but a scheme to make money. All they are doing is a power shift from oil to "green" technology. They whine and bicker about oil companies making billions of dollars but, when it's for their own personal agenda they give us that "it's ok" attitude because we're saving the environment.

Nobody was believing that global warming was happening and they were losing interest real fast in the agenda. So, They've switched the name from "global warming" to "global climate change"

Climate has changed for billions of years on this planet, And will continue to do so while humans live on this planet or not.

6. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Scientists put out papers and studies using numbers and analysis, but I'll believe you because you called the UN 'loathesome' (and it's in blue, so it must be true).

Yah, right.

7. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.â€
    - Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

It's funny that the idiot denialists keep posting bullshit lies, then quote the above. FOOLS!

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That typo should have been a clue as to how much I had to drink

I actually can think and drink, for the first 5 drinks that is. It tends to go downhill afterwards

9. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Some scientists put out papers with numbers and analyses that are called into question by other scientists using numbers and analysis. I'll believe the scientists who do not have a political agenda and whose work is not reinterpreted by some UN politicians. The link I provided lists hundreds of scientists and peer-reviewed works whiich contradict the UN's narrow and unsupportable view that CO2 is the main culprit that will lead to disaster.

Popular Technology -> The Anti "Man-Made" Global Warming Resource

Will a warmist go there and consider evidence which contradicts his religious belief? Yeah, right.

I called the UN loathsome (sorry for the misspelling earlier) for more reasons than can be listed here, but, how about just one?

Murderous Islamic radicals have murdered thousands of people in terrorist attacks during the past several years. At the same time state terrorism - with Islamic radical underpinnings - has killed an estimated 300,000 people in the Darfur region of Sudan.
    Virtually nothing has been done to stop the slaughter, which shows no sign of abating on its own.

Unless the United States takes the lead, as it did in toppling the vicious Taliban regime in Afghanistan, the world community seems unwilling to take any action to prevent massacres such as that occurring in Darfur. As Americans are painfully aware, our country has paid in blood and treasure for serving as the world's policeman for several decades. It is long past time for other countries, fully capable of mounting meaningful peacekeeping actions, to take the lead.

Darfur is in the news again. That country's President Omar al-Bashir is expelling 16 international aid agencies. He and his Arab-based government seem determined to accelerate the pace of genocide directed at Sudan's ethnic African people.
    What is happening in Darfur is clear, yet the United Nations - formed to prevent such atrocities - will not act to stop the killing.

U.N. officials, including ambassadors of nations unwilling to help the people of Darfur, should be hanging their heads in shame about the slaughter they are allowing.

The UN 'Human Rights Council' has denounced the state of Israel more than any other nation - more than twice as many times as Sudan! Fifth on the list? - The United States of America! Yeah, right.

Eye on the UN Will a statist ideologue go here and consider what the UN really does? Yeah, right.

Oh, all right, a partial list. The articles in the following categories address serious shortfalls recently exposed in the UN record.

Have a nice day!

10. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's rather sad that the foolish warmist religionists keep re-posting lie after lie and then re-quote the above. PATHETIC DRONES !

Unable to think or reason on their own, they rely on others to tell them what to believe.

11. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's what I believe: There are simply too many humans on earth right now.

Too many humans =

- too much pollution
    - too much extraction of raw materials and too much destruction to do so
    - too much disregard for the common good of anything and anyone including the animals we keep to feed us, the land that houses other beings than us, the seas that are not our toilets...
    - too much war and destruction
    - too much disagreement, and without consensus, zero progress is guaranteed
    - too much poverty, crime and despair
    - too much rape of the international natural treasures like the rain forests, our mountain tops, and endangered species of animals hunted for inane things like their gall bladders, tusks or penises

... need I go on?

Fix this one problem and all the other problems (including climate change) take care of themselves.

12. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    First off, your final assumption remains in dispute and is the present sine qua non of 'climate change'. You simply assume that the human burning of some fossil fuels produces enough CO2 to significantly 'change climate' to the point of planetary disaster. Your assumption (and that of millions of others who refuse to entertain an alternative) is backed by ZERO empirical evidence but by huge amounts of propaganda both intentional and ignorant.

The ONLY thing that the IPCC (the body that every AGW believer assumes has the only truth in the climate debate) bases its claims on are climate models - computer programs that attempt to simulate what a given amount of CO2 in the atmosphere will do to future global temperatures a century out. That's it. There's nothing else.

Now, on to your 'problem' and the solution. Human beings are the problem and your solution is to eliminate them? Are you one of those persons who believes the earth will be a wonderful place without humans - or a certain number, but no more? Are humans less valuable than other animals? Why? Do you want to engage in a philosophical discussion?

Lamenting war, pestilence, poverty and other things on your list has been ongoing through recorded history. You ignore the things that the earth's greatest resource - humankind - has accomplished on the positive side of the ledger. We civilized ourselves a bit, rarely cannibalizing our human neighbors, feed more people with less land, live longer, have more leisure time to appreciate nature, expand our knowledge more in much less time, heal the sick (including other animals) etcetra, etc.

I think we are unique possessors of a creative spirit that in addition to technological advances produces peotry, art, music, philosophy and on and on.

What's your beef? Why are you not living in an earthen hut and walking to the stream to draw parasite-infested water rather than driving your Prius to wherever you wish?

13. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    News Flash!!

Clear signs of climate doom in the Southern Hemisphere!!

Satellite data used to measure the seasonal growing and shrinking of sea ice area in the Southern Hemisphere make a stark realization clear: Five of the six most extreme yearly sea ice extents ever measured in the Southern Hemisphere have occurred in just the last 10 years. As a planet and global community, we need to prepare for the worst. The time to dither and argue is over – the time to act is now.
    I call on the leading governments of the world, the United Nations, NGOs, environmental activists, and uber-informed stars of popular culture to meet in a central location (I suggest Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi) to deal with this crisis. They must develop an innovative plan to shepherd the other 6 billion people of the Earth to more environmentally sensitive life styles – before it’s too late.
    People must be taught to temper their greedy desire for luxuries such as electricity, safe shelter, food and clean water, and long life expectancies. People need to learn how to overcome the archaic ambition of working to make a better life for their children. Better yet, they should just stop having children.
    If you do not understand the treacherous environmental precipice upon which we are poised, let the unalloyed data speak for itself. Brace yourself – five of the six years with the greatest Southern Hemisphere sea ice extent have occurred in just the last decade! If this historically unprecedented* trend continues, we are doomed. See the graph below.
    [​IMG] Southern hemisphere maximum sea ice area. The data is real, but Tom Moriarty takes complete blame for all satirical content.

As you can see, the yearly maximum sea ice area in the Southern Hemisphere has been significantly larger in the last decade. If we don’t act soon, the planet will become a barren ball of ice and snow.

*Since satellite data started being collected in 1979

Climate change doom data from the Southern Hemisphere Climate Sanity

14. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Looks like denialist spambot ufourya continues to insult himself, and doesn't even realize it. ROTFMAO @ ufourya

15. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Show me where in my post I offer a solution of 'eliminating' humans.

After you fail at that, I invite you to go back and reread your own post, particularly the quote referenced above.

Who is waxing philosophical?

16. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I do wonder what happened to the topic of population control. It used to be a big issue, but has now dropped off of the social radar. The world's population is even more out of control these days, and I don't see any additional resources magically appearing. A controlled population lessens most of the world's problems, and oddly enough, we understand what causes over population and we have a cure. What happened?

Tom

17. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am a HUGE fan of "end of the world" movies and wakeup everyday hoping there is a big disaster on TV.

18. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

According to my producer client there is at least 1 coming your way soon, it has the term 2012 in the title. There is also a parody of predicted 2012 shot but not sold yet. Any distributors out there interested in a parody? PM me.

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Using condoms would help prevent the spread of aids, too, but the Pope wouldn't like that.

20. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There is a difference between a question and a declaration, friend. Please note the question mark at the end of the sentence using the word 'eliminate'.

I'll ask some more:

Are you a misanthrope?
    What is your suggestion for limiting the growth of population?
    Is there anything inherently wrong with philosophy? (Again, I wasn't accusing you by declaration, rather questioning.)