1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Global Warming - 2 German cargo ships pass through 'Arctic Passage'

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Rybold, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I averaged 24 miles per US gallon because I was driving along at only 70-80 km/h. With the studded tires, I could go those speeds, in 2WD, with complete control and security

All those cars in the ditch, I'm pretty sure they were getting ZERO miles per gallon. Same as all the cars I saw idling at the truck stop where I had a second breakfast, I guess they would rather run the heater than put a coat on

Of course, I shut down my FJ while inside, waiting the approx 1 hour for the highway to get opened up again after several cars banged into each other

Funny thing is that just as I was climbing back into the FJ, a car stopped beside me and the tiny bald man driver started hollering at me. I passed him WAY back, it took almost an hour for him to catch up

Blah blah blah dangerous SUV blah blah blah could have killed somebody at those speeds on ice blah blah blah hope you roll over and burn to death

Cute!

So, I got back out of my FJ. I had a good foot on this guy, and he suddenly thought I was going to beat the s*** out of him. Instead, I looked at the tires on his newer Mercury Grand Marquis. They were so bald they were RACING SLICKS

So I calmly pointed out to the prick that he was a menace to the road, due to attempting to drive with bald tires on glare ice. That his wife and kid in the back seat were most likely the ones who would burn to death in a crash

I then grabbed him by the arm, led him to my FJ - it was so icy we both almost went on our butts - and showed him my brand new factory studded Nokian winter tires. He very promptly STFU and got back into his Marq

Want to know why I believe in Karma? His car wouldn't move, it just spun on the ice: D-R-D-R-D-R. I hopped back into my FJ, put it into D, and easily pulled away

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You make new friends so easily. :madgrin:

3. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    LOL - good story jayman. :) Wish I could have been there.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a knack, don't you think?

As far as I know, he's still stuck there ....

5. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    * Bump * :heh: