1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Global Warming Is Not A Crisis

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimBikes, Mar 20, 2007.

1. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

yeah. He doesn't twist a thing to make the message sound like just what he wants it to.

Just like Michael Moore never does that, either.

Did you happen to know that the National Enquirer takes great pains to ensure that everything it prints is factually true? That's right. Does that mean you can believe its stories as a whole?

You get to answer that question for yourselves.

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, this thread started off well but has since gone to shite. Apparently, this thread should have been name "Al Gore is Not a Crisis". <_< This is precisely the problem. The issue is so politicized that the real issue has been lost in a sea of mindless drivel about left vs right.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 20 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]409154[/snapback]</div>
    algore is the crisis - he should stop flapping his large lips about gw and lead a life he expects everyone else to lead.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 20 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]409161[/snapback]</div>
    Why should he stop? B/C you don't like what he's saying? Why should his freedom of speach be limited? Again, a lot of venom and hate but you haven't said a single thing to suggest why making changes and taking the possibility of human effects on GW seriously is a bad thing. I realize you're not in love with the messenger, but don't miss the message b/c of that bias.

5. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Clearly some people want to live in a dreamworld just as our president does in terms of accepting that global warming is happening and is a threat to life on this planet.

So go ahead Bush-lovers, live in your dreamy dream world.

The rest of us have to clean up the mess you make.

Dave

6. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Gee I thought this thread was talking about GEORGE W(DUBYA) being a a crisis..

7. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I'm slightly confused as to how dbermanmd managed to get through med school with such poor typing skills. "algore" and "johnkerry" are not names. I think you meant to say "Al Gore" and "John Kerry", as both are proper nouns regardless of your personal views towards them. Also, the "Shift" key on your keyboard is placed in a strategically convenient location for a reason. When an online forum is your chosen medium of communication, it would serve you well to present your posts in a more professional matter if you want people to take you seriously.

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rainydysandmondys @ Mar 20 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]409227[/snapback]</div>
    Let me explain "Dr." "Berman" to you...

You can be rest assured everything he says is wrong. Just look at any five random posts of his, and note how it is 180 degrees opposite of reality.

He says he's a doctor. Remember, everything he says is 180 degrees opposite of reality. Hmmm......

9. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I figured as much, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, that's resulted in deception many a time.

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 20 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]409251[/snapback]</div>
    I, too, once questioned Dr. Berman's credentials, but a search did turn up info on him as a Boarded Gastroenterologist in NY. I think we can trust him on that point anyway.

11. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    So which end does a Boarded Gastroenterologist talk out of?

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Mar 20 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]409309[/snapback]</div>
    Careful- you do not want to piss off the guy who's got the sigmoidoscope up your butt!

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 20 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]409301[/snapback]</div>
    He says his name is Berman. Don't forget, everything he says is 180 degrees from Reality. Which means his real name is probably Namreb.

14. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 20 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]409301[/snapback]</div>
    Who boarded him? Arrr!!!

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This all depends on how you define 'crisis'.

For some, if it isn't happening in the next few years, it's not a crisis.

For others if it happens within the next 100 years it *is* a crisis.

As far as I'm concerned it's a crisis. We're going to be seeing more and more evidence over the next 20 years. Even if I'm dead before it gets really bad, I still consider it a crisis.

Global Warming is like a really big ship going fast with a little teeny rudder. Sure you can turn the ship. But it's going to take a really, really long time. Could we revers the effects (turn the ship)? Yes. But the longer we delay beginning the turn the longer it will take to get turned around and back where we were.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 20 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]409301[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think it proves anything except there is *A* boarded gastroenterologist that has the name he's chosen to use on this board.

I wouldn't trust him on any point, not even that one.

16. member

member New Member

I couldn't agree more.

Measles, rubella, yellow fever and hepatitis weren't crises either, but a bunch of self-serving scientists came up with vaccines just to save their jobs. And how did they do it? This so-called "science." What is science but a bunch of people who make things up for money? This is such a typical pattern, you see it all the time. Had anyone listened to the more reasonable position that those "sick" people were simply lazy, it wouldn't have cost our government millions of dollars in needless inoculations.

Don't even get me started on Kepler, or the resulting "moon landing" (which we all know never happened.)

Damned liberals!

Thank God for the courage and clarity of people like Crichton and Limbaugh who interpret the real meaning of the problem so we don't have to waste our time trying to wade through all that mumbo-jumbo "science."

17. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    interesting article in this month's Atlantic: basically, one person's crisis is another's real estate opportunity. After all its called Greenland for a reason. Other observations: the Inuits (were) moved to a region cold enough that the Euros would leave them alone, but may find themselves harbor masters of the northwest passage; Siberia could be the new middle east without all the religious nuts; Will the settlement of Antarctica be some country's manifest destiny? Will the Andes become the new Kashmir?

Good read.

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Gee, maybe I should buy real estate in Seattle, WA. as a fall back for my retirement should the climate there resemble San Diego, CA sooner than I expect.

19. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Mar 20 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]409374[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe some beach front property in Spokane.

20. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    by using the lower case names he can "belittle" those who are in his opinion are lower then him and he is also using it as a verb, you know, as in "man you totally 'algored' " it or "I so 'johnkerryed' my test man" :0

Pretty clever though, I have to admit, but then again his user name is also all lowercase, so maybe he doesn't think highly of himself either ??? Perhaps he just gdubyaed himself this handle in order to hide the fact that he really is Carl Rove, but then again dubya has nickname for him too, which would have certainly not been my first choice for forum handle :D

Maybe his SHIFT key is broken and he ignored the fIRst warRRRRNing signs, (i.e. hot buttons, burning space bars, shifty SHIFT keys etc) and then didn"TTT bElieVe the sO caLLEd "sCieNtiSTs"that he ShUoLD be geTTing a new kYBRd. :p