1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Global Warming poll.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sl7vk, Aug 8, 2006.

?
  1. I believe global warming is real, but due to natural cycles.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I believe global warming is real, and humans are making it worse.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I believe golbal warming is malarchy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Global what now?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i voted that humans have made it worse. nearly every segment of our modern society has contributed. below is a quote from the book The Omnivores's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan addressing other man made events that are also contributing to global warming.

This productivity means Joel's pastures will, like his woodlots, remove thousands of pounds of carbon from the atmosphere each year; instead of sequestering all that carbon in trees, however, grasslands store most of it underground, in the form of soil humus. In fact, grassing over that portion of the world's cropland now being used to grow grain to feed ruminants would offset fossil fuel emissions appreciably. For example, if the sixteen million acres now being used to grow corn to feed cows in the United States became well-managed pasture, that would remove fourteen billion pounds of carbon from the atmosphere each year, the equivalent of taking four million cars off the road. We seldom focus on farming's role in global warming, but as much as a third of of all the greenhouse gases that human activity has added to the atmosphere can be attributed to the saw and the plow

ruminants are animals born and bred to eat grasses that have been forced to eat corn. (they are buoyed by an intensive antibiotic regimen to keep them healthy enough to slaughter...as we all know, this has been revealed to be much trickier than we thought)

2. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

Even among the skeptics, there is little doubt that global warming is happening. The real debate is about how much global warming has happenned and will happen.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tmorrowus @ Aug 11 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]301783[/snapback]</div>
    To add to this, the real debate is about the rate at which it will happen vs. the measures we put in place to slow it down, and whether it is already too late to reverse it.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Aug 11 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]301790[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.ph...climate-models/

5. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 11 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]302012[/snapback]</div>
    C'mon gang...bible-thumpers cannot be swayed by FACTS. FACTS are OBVIOUSLY part of the vast Left Wing conspiracy to hijack the Main Stream Media. WE are delusional because GOD tells them so. Regularly. In little voices in their heads. Remember...evolution is only a theory, no better than, and probably much worse than, "intelligent design." Why bother trying to educate the obviously uneducable (as opposed to those who do learn from his or her own mistakes, in addition to the mistakes of others). Sadly, it will not work, and my kids, along with theirs, are the ones who will have to pay the huge damages caused. I am doing the best I can to guard the future for those coming up behind us. I can't make anyone else do the same.

Some here are fundamentalists of the most dangerous and frightening kind...those with open mouths and closed minds. (And, for the record, in case anyone wondered, yup, I am a Jew...and I don't like Jewish fundamentalists either.)