1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glove Box Light with headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BruceO, Oct 7, 2004.

1. BruceO

BruceO New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just noticed that the light in my glove box stays on when the headlights are on (I noticed this via a small crack where the door meets the dashboard). Is this normal or is there a switch which should turn off the light when it's closed?

2. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you try to turn off your dash lights? I have not noticed any light bulb in the bottom glove box. I have as you stated seen a light on only with my dash lights on.

Ben

3. BruceO

BruceO New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ben - Yes, the light goes on and off with the dash light switch, but so do all the dash lights. I looked and did not notice a switch in the glove box (bottom) so I guess the light remains on when the headlights are turned on?
    Bruce

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Strange you mentioned this. I noticed the same lat night and thought oh glovebox light is on. But didnt think it should be off when closed. I would have expected some form of micro switch. I will take a look when I get time.

Have you ever removed your glovebox, to change a filter ofr do a mod? Maybe (if there is a switch) its been disturbed????

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

light stays on in mine regardless of dimmer setting on dash, do not know about without the headlights on whether or not it's on. The weird thing is they seem to have replaced my dash light, I think on the Fuel gauge tsb - before it was a regular white or yellowish colored light. Now it's an orange led.

-m.