1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Glove Box Removal

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by WinMasta, Jul 17, 2013.

1. WinMasta

WinMasta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I am trying to remove my glove to replace my cabin air filter. I'm almost at 30k. I looked at the owners manual, and it said to squeeze the sides together. I have tried for the last two hours to get the glove box off using that method. I didn't want to break anything. Am I missing something? Any tips?

2. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope1 It's a PITA, but that's how you do it. I just used a plastic tool to push the tabs in
    one at a time.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, I just push one side to get the plastic holding tab to clear the side and then the other side will slide right out. Once you do it once it will only take a few seconds to drop the glove box and check the filter.

4. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    squeeze harder.

(that's what she said)

5. roadrunner

roadrunner His (blue) and hers (black).

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I bought a 2015 Prius C this past Saturday from Hertz. Love the car, but it did need the filters changed.
    It was quite hard to get the glovebox out. First I removed the right side, then I used a crowbar on the left side, while pulling out hard on the right side. All of a sudden it flew out onto the floor. The filter had never been changed by the looks of how dirty it was. Just ordered a cabin filter and intake for $22.