1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM CEO Fritz Henderson steps down

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Dec 2, 2009.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, we have seen how well that has worked over the past three decades. More debt than a small country, despite being the world's largest light vehicle producer up until 2009.

You really should fire yourself, Malorn.

addendum: I found this tidbit from businessweek:

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

3. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dumping the unions would be the best thing to happen to the big 3

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hopefully Fritz didn't rob too many millions of our tax dollars for is lovely 8 months of status quo. One of Disney's worst ex corporate heads got over 200 million for one year not too long ago. That would have paid for a lot of employee medical benefits .. or even tucking it away for a rainy day would be nice. God forbid corporate leadership be held accountable. The rational always seems to be, "well ... it's not as bad as it used to be".
    :eek:hwell:

Supposedly, in highschool civics we all learned that the first 5 amendments (made applicable to all 50 state via the 14th amendment) of the fed constitution (in part) states we have the right our freedom to 'associate' with what ever group(s) we want to. I guess some don't know that also means that if the GM employees want to ... at any time ... they can vote to disband their unions. But they haven't. Maybe you'd like to consider amending the constitution so we can over-ride their fundamental rights? Or what. You'll have to get back with me on that, because I'm interested in hearing what other idea(s) you have to accomplish that objective.

5. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It has to be a unanimous vote for that to happen though.

What would have happened if Obama didnt get involved and let GM restructure on their own GM couldve ended the contract with the UAW and started fresh with non union labor. Saving a ton of headaches and money

6. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree to an extent, if the govt does not get involved there is the chance that GM ends up going chapter 7 and today we have 15-18% unemployment. The credit markets are still very tight and 6-10 months ago were an absolute disaster.