1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured GM did 200,000 EVs wrong

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Jan 5, 2019.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    haven't bought a Gm since the 1970's - but i have yet to find one Volt owner (in person or online) complain about their car - fit & finish, or reliability or otherwise - other than wishing it had a heat pump instead of resistance heating for the battery pack & cab. Even at that, articles & dealers say the greatest purchasers of the new Volt are old volt owners - being loyal.
    Tesla on the other hand, has much larger issues with fit & finish compared to other manufacturers (here's just 2 of our several examples)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    & yet they have something, apparently, that owners want, because they are selling in higher quantities than other plugins despite higher prices.
    Not too many weeks ago, Tesla software went from version 8 to 9, & along with it - many of the user-interface features. So, instantly the UI got so unpopular (for Model S and X owners - 20yr old program writers attempting to integrate landscape vs portrait screen featuress so they can work on both simultaneously) owners went on a rant. It's so bad for many owners they complain online, & I have to hear about it at home - so much so that my wife, although she loves the X hates the interface now & is getting rid of her beloved/safe EV/SUV. Tesla refuses to roll back to V8, to the more user-friendly version for her & other X&S owners. She prefers the much smaller screen on the plug-in minivan which is not great - but it's not aversive to her like her totally modified big tesla screen, so the minivan is her new ride.
    Getting rid of the 90K mile leaf .... a Volt might just be a better replacement ride. The Volt's 50 + mile ev range is more than our old junky leaf has remaining. Wow, never thought I'd be looking at a GM product again.

#21 hill, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agree, wow!

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle: