1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM is in ICU... news at 11:00

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by windstrings, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I am thinking the whole this was a scam. I called the dealership 4 times after getting their email about having 2005 Priuses available 7-45 Days for $500 below MSRP.

When I explained what I was looking for (strict price buy, since I already had one on order for 2006 at MSRP)... There was no bait & switch possibility here. Of course, they could claim 'Gee, we never got the messages... My voicemail had something happen..

:angry:

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well some may be honest.. some may not... but unless your locked in writing to some agreement that has a VIN associated with it.... anything is possible.

With early on ordering... there simply are not VINs avaliable....,we have litereally been ordeing cars that do not exist yet.. or are not delivered to the states yet, so I guess to some degree, we are vulnerable to whatever we have not written.
    Without a VIN.. all you can "write" is what options and colors you will agree to... apart from that, you wait till what you want comes avaliable..... the pickier you are, the longer you may have to wait, but on the other hand, what you want could be first off the boat!

I have chosen to be strict on what package and color I wanted... I figure, it takes as long as it takes.. I have chosen not to spend 30K unless its exactly what I want.... but I'm pickier than some.
    If they want to sell me a car, I won't take just anything.. but I have decided I can wait, though I hate too.... I don't give myself any other option so I don't regret it later.
    I don't mind being hasty for a 20.00 sweater or the like, but not 30K <_<

3. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Yep... I'm not real picky about color.... (don't like black.. too many dusty roads by me), but I am going for a base prius. The place I wrote about above FINALLY called me back. Said, that all those on theier website were spoken for.. fleet sale. Don't believe them, but not going to buy there.

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

too bad we dont have a prius locator service... but that would be a nightmare to maintain and we would need special credentials to get on the dealers website.

But you can find a broker in your area... that would be the best bet.....

Maybe someone can give you a recommendation if your area!

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some added food for thought:

By Leslie Wines, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 3:23 PM ET Dec 20, 2005

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - U.S. stocks were lower in late afternoon trade Tuesday, as strategists suggested the year-end rally may be over, while General Motors traded not far from its all-time low stock price.