1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM shows off their environmental image at the car show

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by morpheusx, Mar 8, 2008.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think that you can call OnStar operators and ask for directions to a given location which they determine by GPS, but do you know if there's an actual GPS display? I'm thinking not.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep. If they just incorporated the auto start/stop in all their vehicles, you'd see a good mpg gain for very little coin (no different than adding ABS or side airbags)

No, it's turn-by-turn voice guidance only.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I respect your right to have an opinion. Still, I'm curious why you think it's nice. Is it a hybrid? The MPG is hardly any different than the non hybrid. If it's not, the mpg's are even worse. That's why I'm wondering you you feel it's nice. That said, the Malibu is only car of the year according to mag's heavily supported by GM. IMO, They know what side of the bread the butter is on. You can tell when it's a lie. Their lips are moving.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I guess they don't want us to notice that the 4 Cyl EPA is 22/30 and the V-6 is 17/26. Which engine do they push the most? I don't know but I can guess. Look at at the car commercials. Always footnoted - optional equipment, closed course, professional driver
    Basically, "Don't buy the wimpy base model, get the big engine so you can('t) drive like this"

As usual, GM is hoping aggressive marketing and public ignorance will prevail. Who 'needed' an SUV before the Big 3 started advertising (not in words of course) that you were going to get your kids killed if you weren't driving a BIG vehicle (that made them a LOT more profit than those UNSAFE sedans you WERE driving)?

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Their system is little more than an auto stop/start. That and a LITTLE assistance on a belt from reviews I've seen of the Hybrid Saturn Vue. To call it a hybrid truly is stretching the limits of fact and I'm sure they are hoping to fool some of the people all of the time.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    "Car of the Year" historically is bought by magazine subscriptions. More paid subscriptions, higher ad rates. The magazine wins. The automaker wins. Easily swayed people--well.