1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GM to Offer Hydrogen-Powered Vehicles in Four-Year

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by malorn, Mar 3, 2006.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Oct 20 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]528197[/snapback]</div>
    Of course he realizes that! No more available than hydrogen cars :p

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    r

reluctance to spend money on EV's or other technology that enocurages automobiles the rely more on electricity than the current status quo.

i also had a chance to get a RAV 4 EV... but balked at the $60,000 price tag... i regret decision daily now.

i have purchased a Zenn. it does not have the range or the speed, but will still cover over 80% of my driving needs and it was only $14,000 after 35 mph upgrade

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Oct 20 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]528341[/snapback]</div>
    fairy tales are classic. They never get old :lol:

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't see it as a fairy tell "if" they thought they could get the public to buy it.... Since none of us have a way to make, store, and transport hydrogen to our cars and keep spares for when we run out, they would make a killing on us is we would take the bait.

They are too greedy.. they keep killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.
    As soon as something starts to take on, they raise the price too much and choke it.

This is no different than "propane"... this was supposed to be our savior as we have so much of it we don't even "know" how much we have... problem is.. its not on every corner and its not exactly free either, and we have the same storage and transport problems with it we do with hydrogen.

Look at diesel? cheaper to make than gasoline, yet they found out the public started biting the bait to cheaper running vehicles, so they simply raised the price!

The big boys will keep us cripple and dependent upon then as long as possible, buying off or snuffing out any light of independence that gives real hope of free or very cheap energy.

Biofuels?.... same story..... they charge what the market will bear.

Even tho geothermal, wind, or hydrogen made from water converted with cheap electricity may be a salvation for our whole country as a whole, would indeed have "power", it will be to no avail to your and my pocket book as they will always ride the bleeding edge of what the market will bear.

We now have enough gas for another 200 years, and no need to make more refineries with all of our storage overflowing, yet oil continues to break all time records due to middle east fears that shouldn't even affect us if we lost them completely.

I hate to be so negative, but lets get real.... its driven by money and political corruption and until we can make energy in our back yard, it will always be withheld from us to drive the price up and keep it up and then sold only to the highest bidders.

If we were "really" low in oil, the price would be over 5.00 a gallon for gas.... but they have so much of it, they want to sell as much as they can... even at half the price of what we would pay.

Lets face it...... which one of you would stop buying gas at 5.00 a gallon?..
    its easy to talk tough, but who will stop working for their family, school, church etc.... big deal... so you stop vacations.....
    They have us by the balls and they know it....

We much go back to the stone age without their gas.

The only hope I can see in the foreseeable future is energy created from the wind or solar thats transferred to our massive lithium "or better" battery banks that run our cars and houses.

they have also kept the price of solar panels up so that is not practicle either.... they have the technology to sell panels at 1/10th to 1/20th the price but will not release it because that would catch on and the demand for oil would drop.

We will never gain freedom and independence in the field of energy without a big big fight from the oil giants!

You think they would be happy we have an alternative form of energy in the form of hydrogen?.. but no, they panic their kingdom may come to an end.
    They will squash and continue to squash all similiar efforts until the common man rises up and does it in spite of them... someone who cannot be bought but has a passion for whats good and right rather than what rich and lucrative....that would be "oil".

We have more natural gas than oil and more propane than we know.... I don't think they want all that to go away as a demand and loose all those resources by bringing in alternative energy.

The giants own hundreds of thousands of acres all in the name of extracting the oil from it...... gee... what a waste to let all that oil go to waste! :p

Lets not even talk about Russia who owns a big chunk of the planet that hasn't even hardly explored thier options....... If mankind is all in one piece to talk about oil 50 years from now... that will be the greater miracle!