1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Go, Speed Racer, Go!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stev0, Oct 5, 2006.

1. BigKahuna13

BigKahuna13 New Member

On my test drive I was doing 75 MPH before I knew it. The salesman was laughing, saying that everyone does the same thing. We took her on the highway and I hit 85 MPH with relative ease.

Love this car!

2. xr72z

xr72z New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusKahuna13 @ Nov 17 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]350807[/snapback]</div>
    My wife always yells at me when we drive together. She can't stand the fact that I tend to go above the speed limit, usually about 10mph above. I still can't believe the power behind this car.

PS - I'm so glad I found this forum and a group of individuals who share my same passion! Thanks!

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :eek: :eek: GEEZ...

I was hoping that that SLOPED profile would have an effect similar to the stealth aircrafts profile on radar. It appears it does not.

On the freeways, I usually set the cruise control to within 7 or 8 MPH over the posted limits and have not been ticketed. Contrary to what some have posted, I get better results with cruise control. I find the accellerator pedal very sensitive and my leg and ankle get stressed trying to maintain the exact pressure needed to 'feather' and get the best fuel economy. I do find the cruise control overly-agressive in city driving. It is DETERMINED to maintain the set speed and really adds too much power going up little hills.

4. Thermo1223

Thermo1223 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xr72z's prius @ Nov 17 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]350834[/snapback]</div>
    No more powerful than a TDI and infact the TDI is in some areas.

Edit: On 22's HAHAHAHAHAHA

5. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I haven't gotten one yet, but I find I'm a smarter driver as I get older--I still speed, but am good in residential and school areas.

I got tons of tickets in my '86 Dodge Colt (a 3 cylinder, for the love of Pete) during my college days, so I am knocking on wood that I haven't gotten one yet.

6. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My last ticket was 1979...yeah, I'm old. I always watch the mirrors, and other lanes as much as possible. The other day, I was cruising the HOV lane on the 210 (CA), and "out of nowhere", there was a CHP BMW on my tail. I glanced at my speedo....78 mph. Before I could back off, he whizzed around me on the right, and went after somebody else. My last ticket car was a red Mustang. The white Prius, has been immune so far.

7. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Crud. 2 weeks after my reply on 10-22 in this thread I got a speeding ticket. 66 in a 50. Because the car is so quiet I didn't realize I was going so fast. I knew it would happen.