1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

God Bless America

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 11, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Thanks guys. Just thanks. I'm gone.

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Oct 31 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]341458[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, we had a genuine civilized discussion on FHOP and walk away still respecting each other. This, in itself, is cause for joy. (Feel free to add a "Joyous Face" here.)

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 31 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]341527[/snapback]</div>
    You might be right here. Joy to the world - all the boys and girls now -

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Oct 30 2006, 12:34 PM) [snapback]340814[/snapback]</div>
    Not only does he harbor it but he fertilizes it. Not to long ago I was slandered on this board and I went after the person calling me a plagiarist. After no response to my request for proof I went to other topics to demand an answer from this person. He eventually apologized. This is a PM I got from TonyPSchaefer concerning my hopping topic’s after someone.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=Msg&amp...&MSID=51395

Subject: “Keep your rants to a single thread.â€

danny
    efusco
    tag

This appears to be quite similar and a clear case of bias shown by the mod’s as this guy has chased you relentlessly from topic to topic and not one warning (assumed) or anything done that I am aware of. Others get to ridicule and demean conservatives on this board because of simple misspellings. Basically calling them stupid by questioning their intelligence and calling them idiots. I get banned for two weeks! How about it mod’s could you try a little harder to be “Fair and Balanced†in this regard? <_<

Wildkow

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]342107[/snapback]</div>
    Setting the record straight,
    1) You have me confused with someone else. I did not accuse you of plagiarism. All I did was post the source. I remember that discussion, and it was not with me. The person you are referring to used to be a frequent visitor, but has not been back to the boards since that incident (that I have seen).
    2) My rants have been about lies. I looked in to the issue of lies on these boards, and in fact we agreed when we joined these boards not to lie. I can't understand why the mods don't do anything about that abuse. Clearly they must be right-leaning to let it go on the way they do.
    3) I have never criticized anyone here for misspellings. You didn't accuse me of it, but just so there's no confusion, that has nothing to do with me either.

Bye.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 1 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]342395[/snapback]</div>
    I am not confused or mistaken, my post was to db and I was explaining to him my past experiences. Someone accused me of being a plagiarist and having done so in the past. I asked for proof and he/she did not respond. I went to other topics in an effort to get a response and the Mod’s told me to keep my “rants†to a single thread. You on the other hand have pursued db across multiple topics with personal attacks and accusations of him lying. Most of the stuff if not all that you proclaim as lies are opinions or different POV’s, just as Proco has pointed out. . .

http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=341401

This is a bias on this board on the part of the Mod’s. I was supposedly banned for this type of posts while you get free rein. I’m not calling for a ban upon you I’m just asking for some fair play. You call them lies but as far as I am aware you have offered no proof or facts to back your accusations. If it is a lie offer the proof that is all that need be done. This relentless litany of personal attacks needs to come to an end by the simple means of posting the facts, you do have the facts to back your accusations do you not? I’m not talking about opinions or your POV I am speaking of actual facts. If not you are falsely portraying opinions and POV's as lies.

Wildkow

p.s. - BTW Kerry was a worse student than Bush . . .

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...luster_student/

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 2 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]342685[/snapback]</div>
    Ok, thanks for clarifying that had nothing to do with me.
    No, they are not POVs, they are facts. Go back and look at my post #26 in this thread. If you're going to accuse me of something, back it up. And Proco's post does not back you up on this either.
    I have provided evidence for all of the lies I pointed out in post #26, except one which somebody else provided the proof for, and the IRC one which was so obviously made up, it's what clued me in to the aggregiousness of the lies that have been going around. The proof for that one is available on the IRC website. If you did not find the evidence for the others it is because you did not look. On the other hand, dbermanmd has not provided evidence to back up any of them. If you REALLY want me to I will go back and find the proof already provided for them, and for the IRC one as well.
    Yes, I agree, and have never disputed this. What I disputed is that Kerry had a D average, which the article you link verifies he did not, and which I already pointed out.

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow. It's not often something I post gets referenced twice! More often than not I'm the one in the corner that everyone looks at and says "did he say something?".
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 2 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]342685[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 2 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]342826[/snapback]</div>
    I said nothing about the facts our resident Anisoptera listed. So Dragonfly's right. I've seen a lot of those facts backed up, as well.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be off. I don't think my ego can handle this much attention at one time. :D

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 2 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]342826[/snapback]</div>
    The first one is generalized statement meaning that a vast majority of Americans have had at least an opportunity to see the evidence. This is obvious by reading the last portion of his sentence. You may be able to present facts that refute this but you have no evidence that what he said is a lie.

You do know that the definition of a lie includes intent. Right?

lie
    1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    2 : to create a false or misleading impression
    transitive verb : to bring about by telling lies <lied his way out of trouble>

The second is the same as above: Kerry received 4 to 5 times as many D’s at Yale as Bush. Is it any wonder that someone might assume or proclaim that he got a D average? This blog says he received 4 –D’s and a C his freshman year. Is that not a D average? Could he have used the info from that or a similar site? http://schotline.blogspot.com/2005_06_05_s...ne_archive.html
    The facts are that he received 4 D’s his freshman year out of 10 classes. Depending on the grades and credits for each of those courses he may have just squeaked by with a C- minus but by not much of a margin. In fact it would have been a GPA for the first semester of 70.9 less than one point above a D average if you give him two low scores and two high scores to replace the missing data. Even if you give him all the highest grades possible in view of what was revealed in the Boston Globe article his freshman GPA would amount to a 72.1 just over a D average. So I have absolutely no problem, from a political standpoint, with db’s statement especially as Kerry for years has been bashing Bush's intellect and calling him an idiot. All the while he received an overall GPA lower than Bush. Hmmmmm, would hypocrite be to far a strech here? No wonder he didn’t want to reveal his military record. What else has been hidden or ‘a la’ “Sandy Burglar†style removed?

I really like the way I constructed that first sentence don’t you? Did I lie? Nope, is it the truth? Yep, but no one should be proud of putting it that way except perhaps his political opponents.

The third is obviously part statement of opinion and part of fact. The evidence you cite with no reference to the source is no refutation or evidence as to its falsehood. In fact his statement is 100% correct and this site agrees 100% with db’s statement. His statement was . . . “He is still in search of ratings and obviously does not understand the legislation that was passed by both Democrats and Republicans.†http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Comm...e_in_the_Senate

12 Democrats voted for the MCA in the Senate.
    37 Democrats voted for the MCA in the House.

The fourth, I don’t know enough about his statement to judge this one and neither do you.

As far as the fifth through the tenth go you offer no evidence, in post #26, whatsoever in rebuttal to his statements. And no I don’t want to look it up myself thank you, if you are publicly accusing someone of being a liar it is incumbent upon you to also offer the facts and evidence of proof in each and every post that you make the accusations, I think that is only fair. In any case they are statistics you can make stats say anything you want so accusing someone of lying about stats is a hollow accusation at best.

Wildkow

p.s. BTW: Spelling lesson and word of the day: The egregiousness of your specious accusations and your spelling mistakes should offend one and all in a "Fair & Balance" manner. Mod's take note. [attachmentid=5584]

p.p.s I don't think it is right that you pursue him from topic to topic calling him a liar as you do. This is clearly a personal attack and should be stopped IMHO. Why the Mod's have not stepped up to stop this type of behavior is beyond me as it took only a couple of posts for me to have them warn me not to do it anymore. My best guess at this moment is a bias against the right's POV, I hope they prove me wrong. BTW, mine was a personal attack upon my veracity. None of db's has addressed you in a personal way at all. That is all I am going to say about this except by PM.

Attached Files:

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Thanks Proco.

Thanks to you too Wildkow. I was starting to take the issue seriously, but it's become really pretty comical. I have an election to go study for. C'ya!

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 2 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]343072[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah me too. Good Lord there is a lot of Cr@P in this Voters Booklet (California) Sigh!

Wildkow

p.s. Here's the deal you vote all Republican and against all taxes, I'll do the opposite and then we can come back here an F___ with everyones minds. BaHaHaHaHaHa I kill myself... [attachmentid=5585] [attachmentid=5586] [attachmentid=5585]

Attached Files:

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 3 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]343075[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I hope I can get through it all by Tuesday!
    Deal! :D