1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going over 3.00 gallon again

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Uh....I remember my Dad driving around until he found a station that had gas for 9¢ a gallon. Because he refused to pay a dime a gallon. (Of course in those days you could get an extra gallon or two of gas with the pennies you saved.)

And you got Green Stamps.

We used to gas up at Shell until we had a complete set of their Antique Car glasses. Free glass with each fill up. New car design each week. (I also have a ceramic coin bank of the Ford Sheepdog.)

That's all I'll say on that.

But I will say "Told you so". I said gas would reach $3 again for Easter break (and it is/will), come down slowly over a few months and then head back up into the $3s again for August and through Labor Day. It will come down slowly again toward the Holidays and bottom out at or slightly after New Years before heading up again. But it will never go as low as before. And it will always peak a little higher each time. They are slowly, steadily heading us toward $5 a gallon in a few years. That's their goal.

2. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

In New Jersey they still wash your windshield.
    but they over filled my tank.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Apr 2 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]234023[/snapback]</div>
    Ha! That day came and went the first moment I brought the Prius home, and illegally parked in my own driveway:

[​IMG]

Poor guy. It'll happen! Keep the faith! It was only seven weeks ago that I was in your shoes... and hating life.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    $2.45 when I started pumping Saturday, $2.53 as I pulled out. $2.49 last night.

Now they're just toying with us...

5. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 2 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]233670[/snapback]</div>
    Yep... here in Southern Ontario we are back over $1/Litre this week, which translates to roughly US$3.30 per US gallon. <_<

At least I take the small mercy of always filling up at night (any night), when gas prices go down 5-8 cents a litre. Stupid games they play...

My original plan was keep my Integra for another year or so to save more money for my Prius, but with compounding high-mileage repairs recently and now gas prices heading up again for the 'driving season' - it might be time to cut my losses... :)

Kevin

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 2 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]233760[/snapback]</div>

Actually think it will help significantly as technologies to unlock oil from shale, coal, and other sources will be financially feasible. If oil stays over $60/barrel - these technologies will come online fairly quickly.

It will also force the development of hybrid technologies due to market forces rather than tax incentives - much more powerful.

Amazing how well the economy has done with expensive oil for the last year and several huge natural disasters. I am beginning to believe that we can handle $3.00/gallon gas with little impact on the economy - or even if it slows it down a little that would be good for interest rates and give the Fed a chance to stop raising short-term rates.

Either way - it looks good to me (and my Prius) :rolleyes:

David

7. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 4 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]234749[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure I'm convinced...the economy never took off till the prices started coming down.... we will see how rising interest rates with rising oil prices fair on things... I think its time for a very nice correction in the market and economy. Get ready about Junish.