1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going to an EV event

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Mar 11, 2023.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    About posters and flyers:
    • DO post about your EV or EVs that you owned. Your direct knowledge is the most important thing you bring along with a clean EV with doors open to the public.
    • DO NOT post or even talk negative about other EVs. Emphasize what your EV does and let the public decide if they want to ask the same thing of the other EV presenters. For example, 'SeungKyu Yoon is the President and CEO of Kia American and is a wonderful guy making world class EVs." Do not say, 'I hate <fill in name> the leader of <fill in company> because they are crooks and build crappy cars (like that one next to you.)'
    • AVOID GREEN credentials but be prepared. Emphasis on the costs, comfort, and quality goes a long way to selling EVs. This is because 'green' is often a hostile accusation and distracts from your EV. If someone wants to 'pick a fight' about being 'green', my answer, "So you're pro-environmentalism? I'm too cheap, a green back, Yankee dollar green."
    An EV gathering should be about peace and love ... all EVs are great and this is how mine is great. If you want to criticize other EVs, invite the owners of EVs you don't like to share a beverage at a bar. A bar is a perfect place you can gently explain why they were stupid for getting their car and how the company and executive(s) are crap. Yes, take public criticism to a bar.

Bob Wilson

Tideland Prius, drash and Zythryn like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Maybe avoid the use of stupid, etc :cool:

3. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did actually go to an EV event last month - Fully Charged in Sydney.

It was a really positive atmosphere. People were, in general, really positive about every brand - even the obvious one. The only exception was at a talk on Chinese cars, where a couple of people focused on how they don't like the country those cars are from and would never buy a car from there - not sure why they went to that talk. But it was good: it was a really fun event.

4. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    After WW-II, there were many who said the same about Japan.

Bob Wilson

5. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, but Japan had actually invaded places.

6. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It seems too common in our species.

Bob Wilson

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    because of history, the expectation is always there.