1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

going to my Toyota Dealer's Hybrid Owners meeting tonight (6pm PST)- Anything you want to know?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by macmaster05, Nov 10, 2009.

1. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    All right Bob, you said you would, I'm holding you to it.:D

The question is, When will this nonsense stop? Good lord Toyota, don't you see these idiots are ruining all of your hard work?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'll fax this out Friday morning ... best to let folks help me correct any bad grammar or speeling arrows:
    Comments? Suggestions?
    Bob Wilson

2 people like this.
  3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Think it's good letter Bob!

4. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My dealer, Steven's Creek Toyota in San Jose (next dealer over from Sunnyvale Toyota) also had a new car owner's night ~month ago. Free dinner and a presentation on getting all your maintenance done there, etc. About half the new owners in attendance were Prius owners. Most interesting part was that they set off two air bags (side air bag and steering wheel air bag) so you could see/hear what happens -- it sounds like a gun shot.

They said about the same thing on running out of gas. Don't do it. You cannot drive on battery only at all. Must be towed to the dealer. I was going to mention Bob's multiple experiments but by then I knew they were not knowledgable and/or giving the "official" horror story to stop people from doing it. (2 or 3 of the 8 speakers had a Prius).

I did ask about the possible 10K miles between oil changes and they completely denied it and said even if it happens it would only be for new cars bought after they changed the schedule.

They also gave out incorrect information on setting up multiple Bluetooth phones...which someone corrected. Most questions were on Nav, audio, bluetooth and the like.

3PriusMike

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You were far too nice. I think you might want to leave out your experience of running out of gas and just ask them to better explain their position with possibly some fact... just a thought.

Peter

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The letter was faxed a few minutes ago. Since it is the weekend, it may take them a day or so to answer and/or come visit.

Personally, I think inviting hybrid owners to a Toyota dealership ... nothing else but access to a meeting room ... is a good idea. If their technical or sales staff would like to join, GOOD ON THEM!

Bob Wilson