1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Going to pick up gen3 Pkg 5 W tp this morning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by t1tt910, Aug 8, 2009.

1. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am new to this forum, and hope to be a major contributor. I have been looking to pull the trigger on a new prius for some time now. Since the gov is giving me 4500 for my old GMC it just sweetens the deal for me.

I spoke with a dealer in my area yesterday, they have a V/with TP in stock. I put a deposit on it last night and am picking it up this morning. Do you guys have any advice for me as I purchase? like things to ask for (i.e. disable reverse warning)

I am not new to the prius, I belong to the philly car share that has a mostly prius fleet. I am just getting the new car buyer jitters and drawing blanks.:confused::confused::confused:

2. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Anyone? help please??

3. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When I get mine, I am definitely doing the reverse beeping removal. There are several threads about this subject around. I will try and find some to link.

4. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am finding the dealer is the only one able to remove it or make it one beep instead of the constant.

5. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

Yup, call them now and have it done for you before you pick it up.

6. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Watch out for the extended warranty price. If you are financing, not buying the warranty will not affect your rate. I fell for that line once. You have 3 years or 36,000 miles to buy the warranty, so it's okay to tell them you do not want it now. The price you can get for the 7/100,000 is around $1055. for the 8 year one (I forgot the mileage) it's around $1700? I think?

1 person likes this.
  7. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  8. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was wondering if I should get the warranty or not.

Great find! Thanks! I am printing this out now. :)

By the way I am getting mine at Lawrence Toyota.

9. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope you are getting the color you want and are NOT being forced to pay over MSRP or accept forced dealer installed options. Other than that, the warranty is nice if you can buy it for relatively their cost, but I have seen dealers trying to sell it for almost $3K when cost is closer to 1K. Or if you plan on selling the car say one year prior to the warranty expires, then it is a nice selling hook for a prospective used car buyer.

Mostly, do not let new car buyer syndrome kick-in with you letting the dealer run all over you with the "It just adds $20 more to the monthly payment" BS. You are the consumer; you have the power. Good luck.

10. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had 2 choices at the dealer. 1. wait for the prius IV silver to arrive Aug. 28th or get a 3 that they had. Then some guy who ordered a blue V canceled out. It had just arrived off of the truck. I wanted a V with a TP but could not locate one. This dealer is not charging me over the MSRP and thus far has been accommodating to my reasonable requests. No add on tactics have been thrown as of yet. I am not financing the car so they have no incentive to bend over backwards. I hope they give me a good price on the warranty. $1050 seems great.

Ok it is close to my appointment so I'm leaving the house. I'll have my Macbook with me so I can post from the dealer.

11. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good Luck!!!!

12. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just for fun...tell them it's a simple thing, but the entire deal is off if you can't get a cargo net. I'd just be curious as to what they would do and whether they would turn pale. ...I have an evil side....

PS. There is a "Cargo Net Issue" Toyota is working on it. Right now, they are unavailable because they pull/bend the inside panels when installed.

13. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am sitting in front of the finance manager and she has taken offense to your comment... lol watch out she is about to reply in this forum.

14. MRSSTONE

MRSSTONE New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not that mad.....just overtired from Cash for Clunkers deals day and night! You'll love our dealership..........nothing crazy going on here. Just awesome service and treatment.

15. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    all good fun guys but now I have to talk warranty and stuff so I'll check back in later with the final results.

So far so good though.

16. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Electric Me, I remember reading about the "cargo net issue" but haven't been back to the dealer to "fix" mine. I can't use it at all! Even if you try and tighten the screw for the panel, it just free spins. Great idea, lousy design. If this was an existing problem on the G2, why didn't it get redesigned along with the rest of the car? Go figure.

17. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    So how is the new car???

18. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm still on page 54 of the manual... jk

So far so good. I love the larger wheels, it gives the car a better ride. The auto park is just plain weird. I don't think I'll ever use it again. Love the LED head lights. Fog lights are not bright at all. The voice activated features are not all they are cracked up to be and the Nav is ok. (I like my tomtom better)

I have connected 2 cell phones to it and it has a problem when both are in the car. I may be doing something wrong. It looks great! I am glad they did away with the star trek shuttle craft look of the gen 1 & 2. The sleeker lines are a much better design. Bottom line is I got 50 mpg. I could have had that with a lower price package 3 or 4. No regrets though I like the toys.

The dealership kept up the professionalism. I was given reasonable prices on Warranty, service contract & a paint protection package. Sales guy (Mitchell) was really great. He went above and beyond. I normally rip sales guys apart, but his communication and diligence was something else. He had the car already in prep before we even got there. He took the time to explain everything even after the contracts were signed and the keys were handed over. I don't normally go this far to give credit but here it is due.

There are so many technical things about this car roughly 32,500 that out does my $85,000 BMW 540i (not performance though)

First day impression is 2 thumbs up. (but it could be buyers high)

19. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Sounds great! Please be sure to post pics.
    I thought I would want the ATP package because of the parking feature, but I don't think I have the patience for it. :)

20. t1tt910

t1tt910 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sunday is picture day for her. I can't think of a name yet. lol

I think the parking feature is for when you have eminent vision loss and no chance of getting in with out wrecking the other cars. For most of us that know how to park it is just a fruity feature we can throw in the face of our best friend with a twin turbo nissan Z with 600 hp and 12 mpg.

When is yours due?