1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Dealers in WA/OR

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Prius_Coveter, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Roger-WaSt

Roger-WaSt New Member

I used the Costco Autobuying program. Toyota of Tacoma was the local Costo authorized dealer. Got an email follow-up from the dealer Internet sales rep and let them know I was looking for a package 8 and any color other than black, red or white. He stated the Costco price on a Prius was $100 under MSRP. Let them know I had financing arranged already and no trade in. They asked for a $500 deposit so my wife dropped off a check on way home from work

Two weeks later on a Wednesday I got an email that an unallocated Silver Pine Mica package 8 was due in and did I want it. Gave them a phone call to let them know yes. They said they would let me know when it was in. (I cheated and drove through the dealer lot early on Saturday morning and saw a Silver Pine Mica and two Silver package 3s behind the dealer still in the protective wrapping)

The following Monday they called and said it was in and getting dealer prepped so I arranged for my first visit to the dealer on Wednesday to give them my credit union check and let them know I'd take delivery on Friday. No pressure sales for any add-ons and I was out in under an hour and they even gave me a clear 3M rear bumper protector for free. Friday my wife drove me to the dealership and we got an orientation on the Prius. When I drove it off the lot on Friday it had 4 miles on it.

No problems have cropped up in the 2000 miles I've driven it and have averaged 52.3 mpg mostly doing 15 mile commutes on 35 and 45mph backroads to and from work involving elevation changes of 12 ft above sea level (ASL) to 290 feet ASL.

2. Benevola

Benevola New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think some of you are confusing MSRP with Dealer Invoice. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't MSRP the jacked-up price that the dealerships put on the sticker?

That said, I paid about $200 *less* than what Kelly Blue Book said a 2008 Base Prius with pkg 2 was worth at Burien Toyota. That ended up being about $1500 below MSRP. The guy I worked with was Tim Holmquist who, oddly enough, is the fleet manager and not a salesman at all.

3. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Larry Lassen Toyota in Albany (just south of Salem), OR. Salesman: Bill Goff. Finance Mgr.: Andy Austin. :)

4. ajp

ajp Guest

I was getting ready to buy at the end of April using the Costco program. The last week of April, Bob Bridge in Renton would have sold me a Prius for $300 over invoice. Since I wasn't fast enough, the 1st of May all the Prius' went up to MSRP. I tried calling Burien Toyota to see if they'd give it to me for $300 over invoice since they had the car I wanted and Bob Bridge said they'd have to trade. They agreed so I went in and they said they'd sell me the car for that price. They were complete LIARS. They were drawing up the paperwork for the car and I called my insurance company and added the car to my policy, etc. Then the sales manager came in and told me the car was already sold. They said they only had a package #3 left and I wanted pkg #2. I told them if I could still have it for $300 over invoice I'd take it. They all of a sudden couldn't sell it to me for that price. This was all in the same day by the way!
    I decided to walk and not buy the car from them. I wouldn't recommend BURIEN TOYOTA!
    I ended up going to Doxon Toyota in Auburn, WA and got my Pkg #2 for $500 under MSRP. I think I got one of the last ones in the region.
    They were no hassle and I enjoyed dealing with them.
    I have also purchased a Toyota Tacoma from Michaels Toyota in Bellevue and they were easy to deal with also.