1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good dealership in orlando?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by aajeev, Jul 29, 2009.

1. aajeev

aajeev New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    guy. I know there have been similar posts regarding dealership review, but they are all rather old (some from 2007). I'm looking to close a deal (or put down payment) on a 2010 Prius. Can anybody give me some idea as to which dealership to look at? The review I have seem so far for the orlando area are all some what low (3 out of 5 starts). Any good recommendation? Thanks.

2. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm in Jax and I didn't have a good experience with the ones here so I bought from Valdosta Toyota and they were excellent.

My best recommendation is to not stick to one dealer. Find out first which car you want (Prius II (1223), III (1225), IV (1227) etc...) then go to buyatoyota.com which is the site for all the southeast toyotas and see which dealers around have what you are looking for and call them all. Luckily, in Orlando there are quite a few to choose from.

The better you position yourself as knowledgeable, the less they will take advantage of you.

3. aajeev

aajeev New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply. Sometimes it feels like the more I research the more I put myself in a state of mind where I'm freaking out about finding the "good" dealership. My last car, (which I was inexperience) I walked into the dealership traded my car and got my new car in about an hour. I mean I knew I paid a bit more then needed, but I didn't freak out as much as I have now armed with all the knowledge.

I found the best price so far in Jacksonville Coggins Toyota they have the lowest price as of this point, just hoping that I won't get some more hidden fee when I drive up there.

4. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Coggin was a dealer I tried working with but their cars had Toyoguyard (ripoff) and other add-ons to try and make more profit. Additionally, they were lowballing the crap out of my trade-in.

What car are you looking for and I can take a peek and give you pointers? Their internet sales manager is extremely nice (but it is his sales managers that are a PITA). Let me know, and I can give you his info.

5. aajeev

aajeev New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the help, I have been working with Steven Hill. Unfortunately he too told me about the guard stuff, for $600 which I have no interest in at all. Also after looking around this Prius forum I was able to find couple good dealership although a bit far away but I'm willing to do the drive to save $600.

6. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I drove to Valdosta an it was WELL worth it. My car had not yet arrived to port, so my sales guy removed the Toyoguard ($700) without a hassle.

I suggest you give him a call and see if he can find the Prius you want. Chances are good if you give him specifics (for example, I wanted a Blizzard Pearl / Dark Gray Prius III with just mats) and he can find it and trade for it.

Coggin wasn't as willing to find a car for me as they had several on their lot that were loaded with crap and sat for weeks.

Let me know if you want his info and I'd be glad to help you.

7. Rick12Player

Rick12Player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Get out of the big city for lower prices. I drove from Tampa to Venice, FL to save $500 off list.

8. rlr66

rlr66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey. I bought at Courtesy Toyota. They were the only dealer that acted like they wanted to sell the car. All the other dealers I visited or called hardly wanted to speak with me once they found out what car I was interested in. Courtesy followed up with me, emailed me and sent me letters. I've been waiting for my car to come in since the end of June, but hopefully one more month and it will be in. Good luck.

9. JAYHANTZ

JAYHANTZ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got a 2010 from Courtesy Toyota at Winter Park Just outside of Orlando Talk to Robert Chambers tell him Jim sent you Nice guy